This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36259 by Kramerguy
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm
I had an idea-

Any drummer, put down a drum track, post it.

Any Bassist, download it and put a bass line to it, post it.

Any guitarist, do the same, toss in a track, lead, wherever there is room.

Vocalists, keyboards, etc.. do the same.

See how many different improv songs we can come up with from one.

Total badass... who's in?

(I could even pull up a pre-set drum track from my machine, but thought it would be much cooler using all live people)...

#36260 by mistermikev
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 pm
not a bad idea kramer...
you may wanna check out
musiciancollaboration.com
it's very easy to upload stuff and tons of great music coming out over there.
sm concept but it's all set up for that specifically.
cheers

#36263 by Kramerguy
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm
mistermikev wrote:not a bad idea kramer...
you may wanna check out
musiciancollaboration.com
it's very easy to upload stuff and tons of great music coming out over there.
sm concept but it's all set up for that specifically.
cheers

Yeah, I thought about it, then figured that I wanted to do it just for fun, with people I'm used to having conversations (or arguments) with, just kind of our own little bmix community thing :D

#36274 by Andragon
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 pm
I improv all the time :P
What do you have in mind? A rock tune? blues? easy listening?

#36305 by gtZip
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:40 am
I'm game, Kramer.
Give me a drum track to play to and I'll try it.

#36309 by Kramerguy
Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Andragon wrote:I improv all the time :P
What do you have in mind? A rock tune? blues? easy listening?

lol anything. something groovy, spacey, or hard driving rock. I figure if we start with a basic drum track and go from there, you never know what it will become.

I had rehearsal last night , work all day today, so it will be a day or 2 to get a drum track recorded and uploaded, and it will be a preset from my drum machine, aka- cheesy. lol.

#36313 by Paleopete
Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:55 pm
I'm in, I've thought about doing this fo0r a long time, should be interesting.

gimme a drum track. I can add some guitar, possibly flute or sax depending on what key it's in, maybe some simple electric piano (although I'd rather leave that to Howlin) and I have a xylophone I'd like to tinker with a bit too.

#36316 by neanderpaul
Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:05 pm
I'm in too. Even for backing vox if necessary. It looks like we need a drummer... Kidd???? I have a suggestion from the get go. How about having the arrangement....
verse
chorus
verse
chorus
solo
chorus

#36343 by Andragon
Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:11 am
Here's your spontaneousness. Very short and done in under 6 minutes :lol:
Check out my profile for the "improv."
It's just an example of what happens when I let it out.. the music ofcourse 8)

#36366 by Jackycee
Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm
If you need a drummer and your going for something along the lines of rock or metal i'd gladly fill the role :) I'd need a day or so to get the track recorded cos im real busy but let me know what you think.

#36373 by Paleopete
Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:48 pm
How about this. Check out "Gain Doodles" on my profile, the 1st one, and I can turn that into a full song with no problems if anyone likes it. That will give a drummer something to work with, and everyone will have an idea what they're dealing with from the start. doodles 2 might be possible, but I'd have to work on it a bit to see if I can make anything fit for a chord progression. That one has been giving me fits, someone else could take it and run with it too. The slide thing is a cover tune to begin with, so that one would be out, this needs to be original.

Figures, just my luck this would come along just at the time I have to go out of town for a few days, I might end up missing out on it altogether, some of you guys can whip up a part in no time...and I won't have online access till I come back either, it's out in the sticks and no wireless, I also won't have a phone line in the travel trailer I'll be staying in so I might not be able to even find out what's happening till Tuesday...Dammit...

Kramer, this is a great idea but your timing sucks. There, I did manage to blame it on someone else :D [just joking by the way, I know it's not your fault]

#36429 by Kramerguy
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:45 pm
Paleopete wrote:Kramer, this is a great idea but your timing sucks. There, I did manage to blame it on someone else :D (just joking by the way, I know it's not your fault)

You aint kidding...

My car broke down literally right after I posted this. Been runnin amok, bumming rides everywhere, etc ever since. I will try to get a generic drum track up tonight (or tomorrow morning) and go from there. I will also check out whats been posted already and see what we can do with it.

Damn mechanic hasn't even looked at my car yet (had it towed in on Wednesday) GRR.

#36441 by gbheil
Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:19 pm
What do you expect for $120.00 /hr. :shock:

#36445 by Kramerguy
Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 pm
ok guys, I got a basic drum track up. It's as generic as it gets. Put any style you see fit onto it. (named DRUMS)

Think it's intro
2 measures
2 measures verse
2 measures chorus
2 measures verse
2 measures chours
4 measures solo (wank!!)
2 measures chorus
2 measures verse
2 measures chours
outro

I will put my own bass / guitar on it and upload them seperately for everyone to play with.

If you put some bass on it, upload it! Have fun