This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

What's most important to you?

79%
7%
11%
4%
#36045 by RhythmMan
Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 pm
There's a wide variety of people, styles, backgrounds, and interests on this site.
I've come to wonder about something . . . who are we?
I've got a question for all you guys and girls who perform in public.
This is for the people doing it, not the dreamers, ok?
When it comes to music, what's most important to you?
If you've a few reasons, then choose the most important.

-Music
-Chicks (and, for the chicks: guys)
-Being adolized by a crowd of people
-Partying

#36047 by fisherman bob
Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:47 pm
CREATING music is the most important, whether it's an original or re-working a cover. All the other stuff (gigs, chicks, recording, partying, etc.) is secondary but fairly important. Later...

#36053 by Hayden King
Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:01 pm
For me its the connection between myself and the audience. be it at my show or on their own. To know that I have created something from within myself, and someone connects with that state of being or state of mind is a very rewarding and very fulfilling thing!

#36055 by Crip2Nite
Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:30 pm
What happened to "All of the above"?? :oops:

#36059 by Andragon
Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 pm
Well, it's always the cheesy answer: the music. But let's put it this way: there are other ways of getting chicks, cheaper good booze/green. But I choose music, because it's more than a way of getting that. It's a way of living for me. I'm glad I discovered it way back, because I wouldn't have an ounce of sanity if I hadn't. Ofcourse I'm a lil crazy, but that's another story 8)

Cheese is all I need -.-

#36061 by The KIDD
Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 pm
Hey Gang,

My answers would vary over the span of time Ive been playing...68-77, Id say CHICKS...77-89, PARTY (drank a least a 12pk EVERY NITE during those yrs)... THEN finally 89 to present..MUSIC...

John

#36064 by HowlinJ
Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:23 am
I like Jonnie the Kidd's response! :lol:

Damn ol' RythemMan got me thinkin' about stuff that I can't answer.
I like the rush of playing in front of people, but I also like to improvise on the ol' piano when I'm alone. I don't get wasted when I play, but do enjoy a Guinness now and then. I love women, but am perfectly content with my wife of 35 years ..... I guess it must be the music!
8)
Howlin'

#36065 by gbheil
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:23 am
I am in it for the music. I enjoy a drink now and again. At home mostly.
I really like women. Especially my wife. I think it's a cool feeling when my music makes people happy. Or people say yea your that guy from NKF. I love it when people say like the other night "play Life again the feedback was awsome sounds like a train" But generally it's the music for me. I've been the drunkard, and the drug dealer, and the addict, and the hacksaw. God give me strength never to go there again.

#36098 by jw123
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:34 pm
Originally it was for girls.

I mean when you are a teenager what else do you think about.

A little later it was an excuse to get out of the house and party.

Then it became about the music.

Now Im back to the first, its all about women and being idolized! Screw the music. Bring on the chicks!

I just couldnt help myself.

#36099 by Kramerguy
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:36 pm
Hard question to answer-

The driving force of my entire existence is poon.

But music comes first, simple because I know if things in the woman department go downhill, I just trade in for a newer model. There's 3 billion chicks on the planet... you can even buy chicks, but can you buy the same rush you get when playing live?

#36103 by jw123
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:52 pm
Kramer, I guess you are right. The biggest buzz I get is when I make up a new song and record it. I think listening back is like an after sex cigarette and I dont smoke anymore. I may kid about women some, but I really enjoy creating music and bringing it to life.

I spent a couple of hours last night bringing a new one to life. Once I get it mixed I'll post it.

#36113 by Axesligner for hire
Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:21 pm
I'd like to say it was always the music, but that just wouldn't be true. I mean when we started my 1st band back in high school it was all about the chicks.

I have however matured over the years (ok only slightly) and it's definitely about the music. Getting up in front of a crowd and putting it on the line for their enjoyment.

#36116 by RhythmMan
Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:11 pm
I guess I've changed over the years too.
For me, it started out for the music, and then it morphed into playing & partying.
It was never about girls - I always had too many girlfriends, anyway . . . wasn't looking to complicate my life any further by looking for more . . .
So when I started it was mostly about throwing parties and having a good time.
And, man, did we EVER have a good time . . . whew . . .
The parties were usually around 20 - 30 people, but the smaller ones were the best - 5 - 8 people . . . laid-back and mellow, making great music . . .
2 - 3 parties a week, for years and years . . .
I don't party now, but I drink, ocassionaly.
I got out of playing music for about 10 years, then when I picked up the guitar again, it was better than ever. I learned a TON of new chords, started composing - and that's it.
. . . hooked for life.

#36124 by Mike Gentry
Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:07 pm
Creating music is number one but I love performing on stage in front of a large crowd of fans. Is that wanting to be idolized? Sure, why not. Is that a bad thing? My band "Dressed To Kill" just headlined at the ShowBox in Seattle in front of a crowd of a few hundred screaming fans so if we were being idolized and wanting to be idolized is a sin then I'm going straight to hell for sure.

#36126 by Hayden King
Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:17 pm
I was playing Bogarts' in Cinci for a full room and all i could see were girls arm's trying to climb on to the stage and I could hear em screaming...it was like the beatles or something...sure it felt good, but I just got a good chuckle from it. Its the music gang! its aaaaallways the music, or you wouldn't be here talkin bout it! (or shouldn't be)