This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#33014 by andythekeyboardgenius
Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:27 am
Please let all know what Keyboard platform you prefer! Anyone?
Example: Korg Triton, or Roland Fantom? Or just spill your guts on what equipment you use live...

#33330 by Alex Nasla
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:53 pm
I usually use a Roland JV-1080 controlled by a Yamaha DX7 for live, Depending what im playing. Sometimes I use a Roland Fantom X though to. I only use 1 keyboard live though. So it would be ether the DX7 or the Fantom X. Im in the process of re-creating all my patches on the Fantom X though so I can just use that one day when my DX7 gives up.

#33335 by pHuel
Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 pm
I have a Korg Triton Extreme that I am just learning to use.... there is a lot I could do if I just knew what I wanted and how to get there!!!

#33336 by Alex Nasla
Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:14 pm
ah if your new to synthesizers you should have probably started with a Yamaha Keyboard. They are the easiest to use and they sound just as good as a Korg and Roland keyboard. When you want to start making your own sounds then you would go to Korg, Roland or Kurzweil. Reason why I use Roland is because I more control of creating sounds at the same time its relatively easy to learn(easier then Korg and Kurzweil at least).

#33709 by Prevost82
Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:53 pm
I use a Hammond XK3 Pro System ( retired my B3 & Porta B ) running through a 145 leslie, Tecnic P7 elec piano, Roland D70 and a Mini Moog, but don't use it much.
Ron

#35894 by Twangkeys 8703108151
Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:22 pm
Well, just joined but heres my take, I play a Yamaha PSR 8000
Sax, Guitars, Strings, Horns, Effects., Then I use a Roland FP 4
For Piano it seems to me to have the best piano All the way through
the RD Series. I play through 2 amps on larger gigs and mono on the
smaller ones if just take one keyboard I usually use the Roland if
Im just playing piano, go to Yamha if I need more love the 12 string
acoustic guitar for rythum. Just keep on playing oh by the way
I play with only the right hand Lost the left arm in an accident.

Keys Rule LOL

#35914 by gbheil
Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:01 pm
OUCH! It's impressive that you did no give up. Good for you.

#35921 by Flavio Davila
Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:58 pm
I use a Roland Fantom X-7, a Nord electro rack and a korg R3 - The best combination between analogic and digital .

I'm from brazil and i coming to live in london this year, I look for bands to play, someone can help me???

#36199 by nomen_luni
Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:01 pm
I own a Yamaha DX100. It's like a toy version of the DX7! Still learning how to program algorithms on it though. I'm slow like that :)

#36623 by TKeys08
Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:06 pm
I'm primarily a piano player.

My main board is a Y-P250 (similar to as P-300 / CP-300), which gets me all the actoustic and electric piano sounds that I need, pus some organs / horns / synths. I've got some preset splits (e.g., clav left, org right) so that I can get by with just this one board, if need be. Replaced a P-70.

I'm currently using a Roland VK-7 as my B. I had a Hammond XK-2 before. Sold it when I got the P-250, thinking that I'd go to one board, but I really like the flexibilty of B style controls for color and animation, and grabbing a handful of keys from the second board always feels cool.

My third board is a Y S-90. Lets me set up some synth sounds or an alternate piano / clav without having to futz controls on the 250 during a live performance. This replaced an S-80 (again, thought I'd get down to one board with the P-250). Similar board, better interface / control set, it's just missing the "Kickwheel" patch, so no Karn Evil 9 on this one.

I pump them all through a Roland KC 550 (or two).

Used to have a Motion sound KBR for the Hammond. As good as some of the digital sims are (and Hammond is the best) you can't beat mechanical horns moving air. Again, sold it when I tried to trim down to one board.

Then there's the C-2 in my living room. Don't get to play it much these days.

#36935 by Synthesist
Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:09 pm
I use an Alesis QS-7 as my main controller with a Korg MS2000, rack with Roland JV-2080 loaded with cards and a E-mu Proteus 1 plus...for live.
In the studio I use lots of softsynths.
Moog Modular V, Emu Emulator X, Prophet 5 Pro53, Yamaha CS-80, Arp 2600, Toxic III, Triangle III

#36962 by lalong
Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:36 pm
I use a Phantom S-88 linked through MIDI to a Juno-G for bass, left hand and main. For leads and synth I’m now using an Alesis A6. All the audio is run through the Juno audio ports and then into a Zoom 1266 mixer which has additional effects, which can be added to all three.

#37193 by portico
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 am
I recently purchased a Roland RD-700GX and couldn't be happier with it. It's a sweet machine. I also have an old Korg X5D that I sometimes use for special effects.