This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#34633 by fisherman bob
Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:36 pm
Remember the excitement when Obama won the Iowa primary? Seems like his candidacy has lost significant lustre since then. I think the real red eyes belong to all those who have been following this endless tiresome ridiculous Presidential campaign. I might be too tired of all this crap to even make it to the polling place on election day.

#34638 by Paleopete
Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 pm
THANK YOU BOB!!

I'm so sick of hearing about all this crap I don't know how to tell you. I hate election years, and the ones before them. No matter who you vote for the country is going to hell in a handbasket and the new president is going to do everything he (or she) can to help it along. Fortunately it seems the evil bitch Hillary is out of the race this time, that's about the only thing good I can think of about it.

I don't plan to vote for either of the remaining two, I'm so sick of hearing them trash each other rather than sticking to the actual issues. I'll probably write in a vote for Joe Walsh or something. Bugs Bunny...hell I'll write in a vote for Irmy ...just to get him riled again hehehe...

I think we should hold open season on politicians for about two weeks a year, doe day on Thursday. Two or three seasons and I bet we'd have politicians who actually work FOR us like they're supposed to instead of following the dollar bills like they do now.

#34642 by jw123
Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:03 pm
I hope you guys vote.

It is your right and a lot of people gave their lives so we could have that right.

Dont throw it away.

#34643 by Andragon
Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:18 pm
That's the exact wrong attitude, Bob and Pete. I'm not American but neither is 95% of the world. But guess what? Your president has a big ass impact on just bout everything.
Despite the fact that I believe that there's a stable power behind all the presidents and that they serve as the puppets in the "inner circle's" play, I still think you should vote for the one who has the most credibility. :?

"There are no honest men... they bent the rules at some point" -- Frank W. Abagnale.
I can't say that you have good candidates anymore, but do your best and don't screw up... or let them mix your votes.

#34653 by mistermikev
Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:41 pm
voting mccain here... if ya don't like it... then u r a poopy head.

whether you vote or not, whether you like obama or not...
go read his wifes college thesis. I cannot believe that Princeton would accept this as college material... even if it is for a pansy-ass degree. Talk about shock and awe.

#34662 by RyanStrain3032
Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:48 pm
Ok, I didn't want this thread to turn into a debate...I was just posting a picture I made...And I agree, Obama is an ignorant loser.

#34667 by CaptnWar
Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:38 pm
???
Last edited by CaptnWar on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#34676 by Craig Maxim
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:17 pm
mistermikev wrote:
go read his wifes college thesis. I cannot believe that Princeton would accept this as college material...

Not exactly Ivy League stuff...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

But then, she is not the one running for president either.

I find myself excited at the prospect of a black president, and simultaneously disgusted that it will be Obama.

While the attempt to paint them as Black Panther types is disingenuous, still, it seems clear to me, that these are people struggling with their identities and place in the world.

I want a president with confidence in who he/she is.

Obama associated himself with a radical church in Chicago because it benefited his political career at the time, for local politics. Now that he finds himself in a position to be leader of "all" of us, he is busily repairing that image into something else. Yet for all his wonderful words, on transcending race, the lofty ideals he voices, were clearly not actualized in his own life.

While Jimmy Carter was not a very good president, where character was concerned, he was courageous and true to himself and his beliefs, to the degree this is possible as President of The United States.

In Reverend Billy Graham's biography, he shares the story of how he (Billy) insisted that his crusades be integrated among blacks and whites, whereas in Georgia, and other southern states, they wanted the blacks separated by ropes from the whites. Because Billy Graham would not budge on this point, local ministers would not help the event, and a venue could not be found to host it as a result. Jimmy Carter came forward, and not only found a venue for the event, but participated in the events, to the degree that he would share the gospel with the attendees at the end of the events and even give the altar call himself.

As a white farmer and burgeoning politician in the 1960's in segregated Georgia, this took courage.

Obama on the other hand, raised and loved by the white side of his family and assisted in getting into an Ivy League school, has seemingly done everything in his power to associate himself instead with the father he never knew and rarely ever saw, but a few times in his life. He dedicated a book to him. He speaks of this in his book, of how, looking at pictures of his father, a black man, he decided he would pattern his life after him. His father had abandoned him, but this didn't matter. He was black, and therefore worthy of patterning his life after. How superficial is that?

That's the kind of stuff that makes me question his personal values.

When he later found out what a wretch his father was, from his father's own family in Kenya, that he was alcoholic, was married to multiple wives, and sometimes beat them, he adopted Rev. Wright as a father figure instead, and named his second book after one of Wright's speeches.

It seems that Michelle has struggled herself, with her own identity, and somehow believes that pursuing Ivy League education and a well paying career, are "conservative" values that the school instilled in her (read: infected her with), and with which she struggled, hence the subject matter of the thesis.

The lack of personal judgment is alarming.

It concerns me greatly.

However, as someone correctly noted, a president is not an island. He is the figurehead of a power structure much more entrenched, and I suppose in this modern era, the damage which can be done by one man, even President of The United States, is somewhat limited where America herself is concerned.

If would seem Obama has a very good chance of being the next president. On the other hand, the underground "powers that be" could simply allow one single act of terrorism to play out on our soil, before the election, and that would end his run. It's not outside the realm of possibility for this to occur. We have staged similar incidents in other countries.

#34678 by mistermikev
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 pm
Craig Maxim wrote:
mistermikev wrote:
go read his wifes college thesis. I cannot believe that Princeton would accept this as college material...

Not exactly Ivy League stuff...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

But then, she is not the one running for president either.

I find myself excited at the prospect of a black president, and simultaneously disgusted that it will be Obama.

While the attempt to paint them as Black Panther types is disingenuous, still, it seems clear to me, that these are people struggling with their identities and place in the world.

I want a president with confidence in who he/she is.

Obama associated himself with a radical church in Chicago because it benefited his political career at the time, for local politics. Now that he finds himself in a position to be leader of "all" of us, he is busily repairing that image into something else. Yet for all his wonderful words, on transcending race, the lofty ideals he voices, were clearly not actualized in his own life.

While Jimmy Carter was not a very good president, where character was concerned, he was courageous and true to himself and his beliefs, to the degree this is possible as President of The United States.

In Reverend Billy Graham's biography, he shares the story of how he (Billy) insisted that his crusades be integrated among blacks and whites, whereas in Georgia, and other southern states, they wanted the blacks separated by ropes from the whites. Because Billy Graham would not budge on this point, local ministers would not help the event, and a venue could not be found to host it as a result. Jimmy Carter came forward, and not only found a venue for the event, but participated in the events, to the degree that he would share the gospel with the attendees at the end of the events and even give the altar call himself.

As a white farmer and burgeoning politician in the 1960's in segregated Georgia, this took courage.

Obama on the other hand, raised and loved by the white side of his family and assisted in getting into an Ivy League school, has seemingly done everything in his power to associate himself instead with the father he never knew and rarely ever saw, but a few times in his life. He dedicated a book to him. He speaks of this in his book, of how, looking at pictures of his father, a black man, he decided he would pattern his life after him. His father had abandoned him, but this didn't matter. He was black, and therefore worthy of patterning his life after. How superficial is that?

That's the kind of stuff that makes me question his personal values.

When he later found out what a wretch his father was, from his father's own family in Kenya, that he was alcoholic, was married to multiple wives, and sometimes beat them, he adopted Rev. Wright as a father figure instead, and named his second book after one of Wright's speeches.

It seems that Michelle has struggled herself, with her own identity, and somehow believes that pursuing Ivy League education and a well paying career, are "conservative" values that the school instilled in her (read: infected her with), and with which she struggled, hence the subject matter of the thesis.

The lack of personal judgment is alarming.

It concerns me greatly.

However, as someone correctly noted, a president is not an island. He is the figurehead of a power structure much more entrenched, and I suppose in this modern era, the damage which can be done by one man, even President of The United States, is somewhat limited where America herself is concerned.

If would seem Obama has a very good chance of being the next president. On the other hand, the underground "powers that be" could simply allow one single act of terrorism to play out on our soil, before the election, and that would end his run. It's not outside the realm of possibility for this to occur. We have staged similar incidents in other countries.

I'll tell ya... you are prob one of the only ppul on here whom I would allow to change my mind (or whom would have the capacity)...

that said, remem kerry... how his wife played an intricate part in keeping him from being president... sm thing here. for good reason. maried ppul oft think alike... even if only after years of influence. I could care less about anyones color... until they make it the issue.
can't wait to see how they claim that when she refers to "whitey" how she actually said "why'd he" in the supposed video of her speaking... their saving that tho... till right b4 election time.

I can't see him being president, but then I couldn't see bush getting there either. Great speaker... I'll give him that. Don't trust him at all.

#34681 by HowlinJ
Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 pm
Hey Ryan,
I checked out your oh bamma pic. Awesome! :lol: Seems like , besides having a weakness for cigarettes, he has been hitting the ol' ripple bottle a bit too hard! :wink:

Andragon,
You are one very intelligent Canadian lad. (good singer too, though not as good as Burton Cummings)

As always, I side with J.W. on the subject of "gettin' your ass out to vote" :wink:

Howlin'

#34682 by Craig Maxim
Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 pm
mistermikev wrote:
I'll tell ya... you are prob one of the only ppul on here whom I would allow to change my mind (or whom would have the capacity)...

Hey, I don't need to change your mind. We are in agreement on this. Kerry's wife was a good analogy. I cringe at the idea of Michelle Obama as first lady.

Plus, I'm still waiting for a political ad, which asks...

"Will this be the first Presidential Prayer Breakfast?"

With a picture of Obama surrounded by Rev. Wright, Father Michael Pfleger and Luis Farrakhan.

But I think McCain is shooting himself in the foot lately with various flip flops. He will allow states to decide about offshore drilling, a good step, but drilling in Anwar being off limits is somewhat ridiculous. It's an arctic refuge with temperatures well below zero much of the year, and dark a good part of the year as well. There are NO ROADS there. The drilling would impact a very minute area. The protected land is said to be the size of the STATE of South Carolina, with the drilling area being only the size of Reagan International Airport. Minute in comparison.

Environmentalists are now screwing us royally concerning our energy needs, and the economy which depends upon it. It is believed that we have enough oil in our own borders to sustain us for DECADES, and by some estimates possibly a HUNDRED years, without ANY oil being imported at all.

Isn't that in our interest?

To be self sustaining where energy is concerned?

McCain needs to get on board fully, and lay it out there, that this is in our interest, and could protect us from oil dependency for decades, buying us the time to pursue and then establish other technologies to replace it with.

#34690 by mistermikev
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:32 pm
Craig Maxim wrote:

Hey, I don't need to change your mind. We are in agreement on this.

I know (based on other conversations)... I just meant on the wife not being a valid objection to obama.

#34695 by gbheil
Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:09 am
I vote for the Second Amendment! The rest will work its self out.
FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS.