This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2944 by Auburn Diva
Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:20 pm
Never know what may happen! I haven't been up there in a while; not driving makes it difficult. However, sometimes the moon shines just right...
Last edited by Auburn Diva on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#2947 by chachaangelina
Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:40 am
Well, I'm really going to try to make it. I want part of my life to involve St. Augustine, so I'll probably go to the jam with or without my guy. It probably shows in these threads that I'm very outgoing! I grew up in an amusement park and I've been in show business for a long time, and I love meeting new people. I'm the kind of person who talks to EVERYONE!
And that style seems to be all right in St. Augustine. Hope you can find a ride to the Santa Maria!

#2953 by BlackJack Mountain
Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:42 pm
This site has been awesome for me. I have been on here about 3 months, and of course, musicians are not going to jump out of the woodwork, and even if they do, most are wierdo's, You have to be patient and hang in thre until you find the right ones that click with your click.
I have a great band of people. But remember, when you become a band, you become family, and family fights a lot. lol
I have had good results from bandmix, and it has got me out of tight pinches before. Well, but thats just in my area.
Good luck to you and just keep looking.
BlackJack Mountain. 8)
#3355 by tempstrickland
Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:04 pm
been here since june 18 06 no luck yet but I haven't given up yet. but i have thought about it .maybe I need to change my profile? :cry:
#3356 by chachaangelina
Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Weirdos and Fighting, eh? LOL
No weirdos and no fighting down my way! No nothing!!!!
cha cha angelina
P.S.--Okay weirdos in Florida to fight with--where are you!!!!!? :lol:

#3402 by CorpseBomb
Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:24 pm
I'm do vocals have 13 songs and have'nt found anyone yet. hopefully soon.

#13122 by Phixate
Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 am
I paid the 10 bucks for a month once and had two of the worst auditions I've ever had with some people who talk a lot of BS. You never know with this online thing. I've had my profile up for over a year with my email and no one has contacted me. As a matter of fact I've got two (shhh...).

It's hit or miss anywhere you go and musicians are some of the flakiest egotistical bronze eye talkers out there. But if you're persistent and dedicated you'll eventually find the right situation. Unfortunately I think it really helps to be in a town with plenty to choose from. Gainesville Florida is not the place.

#13133 by jw123
Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm
Ive been in several bands thru the years that got past the making noise stage and actually gigged. Most of the people I met came thru fellow musicians or in music stores. But im finding the older I get the harder it is to get people together. If you find something that feels halfway right its better than nothing and will at least keep your chops up. This past friday I did a reunion gig with one of my old bands and it was incredible how tight we were. At the same gig was a guy who I always considered my mentor on guitar. This guy used to just blow my mind. Anyway he wanted to play a song. We let him pick the song which the rest of us knew and he totally sucked. I couldnt believe it, here was the guy I wanted to be like for years and he just blew chunks. I was embarassed for him and tryed to cover for him by filling in the spaces. After the song he said Man you messed me up! I forgot the ego he had that he still has. As good as he was he never got the chance to flower with a band cause he thought he was better than everyone else.

One gig is worth a hundred practices cause you find out real quick if you have what it takes. So I would suggest dont pass any opportunity to play live.

#13137 by RhythmMan
Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:40 pm
Just goes to show that what counts is not how many years you put into playing, but what you put IN to those years . . .
Many musicians with 20 years experience, - really only have 1 year experience - 20 times.
He might have been good at one time, so maybe he just played the stuff that got him the most compliments . . . and didn't do or try anything hard . . . hey, couldn't risk looking bad in front of his friends, eh?
On the other hand - maybe he just forgot the song . . . it happens . . .

#13138 by TheCaptain
Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:09 pm
You know, one thing I've seen after involving myself in several "find other musicians" type sites is this.....even when there are a ton of musicians registered, it more often than not seems that what you need or are looking for is not available locally

man, has this ever been true for me.
I did however, have some good response via Craigslist.

Course...I'm in Maine....
I think if I could skip over the border into Nova Scotia, I may find more of what I'm looking for...
#13186 by fisherman bob
Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:04 am
I am still playing with one of them (didn't even know he was on the site). A few have come over to jam and not worked out. The main reason I'm still on the site is the forum. What I know about music can fill a thimble compared to some of you. I'm trying to soak up some of the knowledge while I have a few functioning brain cells left (seem to be getting fewer and fewer as I get older). I really enjoy the banter back and forth, some of it's also quite humorous. Some of it's ridiculous, but mostly it's very interesting. I don't intend to let my membership lapse, it's been worth every penny. Later...your friendly neighborhood bluesman fisherman bob
#13492 by BRIAN RORKE
Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:07 pm
i wish some one would respond,to my ad in band mix!

#13507 by Irminsul
Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:22 pm
In all the time I've been here I have NEVER seen someone from my state (Utah) post an ad on the forum, and the few that have contacted me have been just abysmal. It appears that BandMix gets the most response from the Mid West and South, for some reason.

Sooo, once I changed my expectations here; from seeking musicians for various projects, to enjoying the forums for entertainment, everything was hunky dory.

#13510 by RhythmMan
Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:46 pm
I live in CT, and I've onlt seen posts from about 5 other CT musicians.
If you live in Florida or California, you have a better chance.

#13522 by Starfish Scott
Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:05 am
LOLOLOLOL See, I find that odd. I got like 5 + responses, all from drummers.

No bassists, no keys players. Just drummers. I.E. I am chock full of drummers until the year 2199. lol