This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#32282 by jguay
Sun May 25, 2008 1:11 am
Hello everyone.

I'm a 44 year old software engineer (married with kids) who started playing guitar at the age of 13. I am NOWHERE near as accomplished as 31 year of guitar playing would suggest, but I am competent. I have no illusions of "making it" in the music business at this point of my life - I'd love to find a few other musicians that are like-minded and would like to have fun making music together for our own enjoyment and possibly play out occasionally.

Mostly I am into classic rock, modern rock, metal, and blues. In addition to my pro guitar gear, I also have a basic bass rig and drum set (I played drums in our Jazz ensemble in high school). Influences include Jimmy Page, Alex Lifeson, Frank Marino, Zakk Wylde, David Gilmore, Ace Frehley, Rik Emmett.

Again, hello to everyone.

#32567 by Damon40
Wed May 28, 2008 5:41 am
hey im Damon Adkins. im a singer/songwriter who is willing to move if necessary for an opportunity to be in a established band. i would like to be apart of a alternative metal/hard rock band and would also like to venture into tracks with acoustic guitar and/or piano

#33095 by Black57
Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:29 pm
Hi my name is Mary. I am married and mom of 3 kids. One gets married this month. I am a 51 year old hip flutist. I am capable of performing various musical forms from Classical to Jazz anfd things in between. I love music by Bach but I also love music by Metallica. Yep, most peopel are surprised to see my abilities and likes. I respect pretty much all music. I am also a composer and arranger. I have written a few songs but I am not really good at lyrics so I avoid songs with words. At my age, I am ashamed that I have not come out with my own CD by now but that is my goal while I am in my fifties. 8) I am also a flute teacher and I try to instill the same concepts in my students. I have put together a flute choir and I am hoping to have the group perform The National Anthem for the Anaheim Arsenals ( semi pro basketball team ). I also like groups that do not follow the beaten path like "Crash". They are kinda like a marching band that performs on stage.

I am a big fan of Billy McLaughlin and I am working on an arrangement of one of his comps. "Coffee Break", a composition for guitar, is being arranged for flute choir, percussion and piano.

I am ready to reach the stars, even if they are only in my back yard. Anyone interested in my project please do not hesitate to contact me.

Black57 ( Mary ) :D

#33104 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:50 am
Flute Choir? LOL What, no Orchestra>?

#33139 by Black57
Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:36 am
Captain Scott wrote:Flute Choir? LOL What, no Orchestra>?

Flute Choir :roll:
#33202 by Jupiterpercussion
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:17 am
A good warm up song might be "Passion Play" by Jethro Tull.
Just a thought

#33206 by gbheil
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 am
Loved that guitar on your profile Jupiter. The rest o you please put up some audio. I and a lot of others on this here forum like to hear what your doing. After all it is a "music" forum. Though its hard to tell sometimes.
And WELCOME !

#33217 by RhythmMan
Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:24 am
Black 57,
I've heard a bunch of flutes in choir playing the national anthem, at a fife & drum corps meet.
It was at the Deep River Muster, in CT, and the crowd went WILD after hearing it . . .
They also did a couple classical songs with several flutes in harmony, and that was breaking new ground at this event . . .
The Deep River fife and Drum Corps Muster is the biggest in the world; the last time I went, there was over 60 corps (groups).
If you have recording capabilities, then I have an offer for you . . .
See my profile - listen to my music - contact me.
Alan

#33218 by Black57
Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:42 am
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Black 57,
I've heard a bunch of flutes in choir playing the national anthem, at a fife & drum corps meet.

Yep, that's pretty much what we do. As soon as we get some stuff recorded I will post it here.

HI!

#33245 by Nikki_M
Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:40 pm
Im Nikki! Im not really 18, but i really want to start a band! So I came here... does anyone know if they can give me some tips on how to start? Im 16, I can sing really good and my birthday is in 21 days! I will be 17!! YAY!!!

#33248 by Andragon
Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:43 pm
You could have read the answer to your question, Nikki, two posts above you. Post your recordings.
Read the threads. There's more than enough info in there.

#33262 by The KIDD
Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 pm
Hey Girl,

Yeah , as the Dragon said, there are posts from road hardened vets and weekend warriors alike on the subject.Just do a search on band advice, tips and suggestions..Also ,list ALL your influences..I know your bound to have more than just Amy Lee.. :) ...How bout the girl from Paramore?..They're a little outta my genre but I really like them.
There are some other young ladies on here so stick around..I have a birthday comin up to ...Il be 48 in a few weeks....BOOOOOOOOOO... :lol:
Somehow, Im prolly not as exicted as you.... :lol:

Happy BD!!!!

John

#33653 by PeteCaya
Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:06 pm
Hey, my name is Pete and I live in Western New York. I want to be a professional musician and put a huge amount of work into moving towards my goal. My main instrument is the bass guitar, but I am looking to expand into upright bass as well. I look forward to playing out with bands, so if anyone here lives around Olean NY and wants a really dedicated bass player, send me a PM.

#33690 by asktheanswer19
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:20 pm
Hi MY name is Ricky and I live in the midwest. I am a drummer and percussionist, but I would be willing to do vocals also. I am trying to get a band started right now...so yay. I like Christian metal, punk, contemporary, screamo, emo, and just about anything Christian. Niceto "meet" all of you.

#33873 by Onome
Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 pm
Hi all,

My name is Onome. See my profile for my extensive list of influences. My main ones are Dead Can Dance (deep dramatic female voices are my kindred spirits), Hendrix, Radiohead, Bjork, Prince, Meshell Ndegeocello, pan-African pop music (Tinariwen, Zap Mama, Miriam Makeba, Gigi etc.) and choral music.

I'm looking for consistent, reliable playmates to make pretty music with, gig and tour the world. Send me a PM if your interest is piqued.