This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#32598 by Rockstar907
Wed May 28, 2008 7:33 pm
That's just my self-deprecating humor talking there... But really... When ya write what YOU think is a really cool tune and you just gotta share it with the world, isn't that the greatest feeling in the world? Maybe I just need to be brought back down to Earth and get of my spaceship of fantasy. If ya hated my singing, let me know. If you hated that I doubled my vocal, let it be said. How about the lead guitars that...well just let me know how much you hate it.... 'cause i really kinda dig it. 8)

#32601 by Koolin82
Wed May 28, 2008 8:15 pm
Heh heh, I like it.

The mix sounded just a bit "tinny" to my ears and a bit more reverb on the vocals than I like but that is a personal taste.

Good tune 8)

#32602 by gtZip
Wed May 28, 2008 8:23 pm
I dont hate it.
Not a bad song.
I would like to hear it with the vocals cleaned up. Not so much effects.
A couple of times I thought 'Tom Petty', in a couple of spots I thought "Bowie', but's its hard to get an accurate gauge on the vocals with the effect.
The guitar solo didn't do much for me, but it's one of those songs that I didn't expect a ripping lead on anyway.
I read over your profile briefly, and I don't think it's the right type of song for what you seem to be advertising for.

#32603 by Andragon
Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 pm
Cool, man. You sound a tiny bit like Live's vocalist. I think the effect is good. Not overdone. It's not my kinda music, but keep it up.

#32611 by gbheil
Wed May 28, 2008 11:12 pm
That pretty cool man. Thanks.

#32622 by The KIDD
Thu May 29, 2008 12:51 am
Hey Rockstar,

Did you take it down as of 9pm EDT ?..I dont see anything in your player ,and link says you have no audio or video???

John

#32636 by gbheil
Thu May 29, 2008 2:38 am
That freakin strange Kidd, I just checked back and he still has music on his profile.

#32637 by neanderpaul
Thu May 29, 2008 2:44 am
REALLY high endy sound. Thin and tinny, even harsh. But I'll tell you what happened to Philo Beddoe. He whipped my tail! Nice topic.

#32640 by gbheil
Thu May 29, 2008 2:49 am
It was a nice "hero" treatment wasnt it Neanderpaul. Not at all what I was expecting.

#32643 by The KIDD
Thu May 29, 2008 3:08 am
Audio/Video Downloads
No files available for download.

This is what Im gettin at 11:11 PM EDT..PLUS his player still says no audio, and shows no tracks...????...OK bandmix , what BEES going on???

John

#32664 by jimmydanger
Thu May 29, 2008 2:40 pm
Good job, reminded me of Dire Straights/Tom Petty.

#32671 by Irish Anthony
Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 pm
yea gotta admit i dont like this.....the mix is way to thin/empty sounds like im hearing it through a tin can...no body or anything to groove to...
likewise i dont like your voice its to vague for me ...not enough clarity on the words or the sounds your making...sounds garbbled or worballed if you get my meaning...your tone aint to bad, your making somewhat of the right noises but i cant make out what your saying(and i dont like not hearing vocals the way they should be)...
not the worst ive heard...with a better mix(it really needs it) and some more practice it could be a winner....

slain.

#32680 by jw123
Thu May 29, 2008 5:49 pm
OK song.

It reminds me of the 80s, Im thinking an old Memphis group Quarterflash as far as the sound of the instruments.

The song and your vocals remind me of Warren Zevon for some reason.

From your profile I would have expected a ballsy-ass guitar sound like AC/DC of old Kiss. It was a lot mellower than I would have expected. Youve definitely got the rasp in your voice, I can hear you breakin into Miss Queen.

Good effort, as others have said you might want to beef up the low end some.

#32718 by Starfish Scott
Fri May 30, 2008 12:57 pm
It's something to work with, which is more than some of these people have at their fingertips.

Don't go buying any faggy berets now..

#32737 by Kramerguy
Fri May 30, 2008 3:55 pm
Really cool tune. It has an 80's groovy-mellow feel that I really like.

Vocals are fine IMO. Lead guitar is a little off to me, sounds like the tone is too wet but the playing is too dry.. for lack of a better way to put it.

but that's just my personal taste.