This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#30069 by philbymon
Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 pm
Loved Crack the Sky! They were amazing.

Kix came from these parts - the drummer is a local chef, now, I heard. I did some studio work with Jim back in '94 or so. I saw them in Balto when they were the Shues. ("I got the ITCH!")

#30084 by jimmydanger
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:50 pm
sanshouheil wrote:I think anybody thats been around a while must have heard of Savoy Brown.

Savoy Brown was actually from England, and they spawned Foghat. Side two of Savoy Brown"A Step Further" is dedicated to Detroit.

#30786 by daryl f.
Tue May 06, 2008 6:30 am
13 th floor elevators. 60's band.

#31305 by neanderpaul
Mon May 12, 2008 7:40 pm
This has been an eye opening topic. Nice job Jimmy! I've been copying the obscure band name, opening a new window and going to youtube, and pasting the name of the band. I always enjoy catching the bands that "slipped through the cracks"

#31306 by jimmydanger
Mon May 12, 2008 7:45 pm
Cool Paul! Other great Detroit bands:

Savage Grace
The Frost
The Amboy Dukes (Ted's first band)
Aorta (from Sparta, MI)
The Iguanas (Iggy's band before the Stooges)

#31311 by jimmydanger
Mon May 12, 2008 8:55 pm
Thanks Paul, even though they were lip-syncing it was cool to watch. "Flight of the Byrd" was a good one too.

#31323 by gbheil
Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 pm
OMG ! My older sister used to listen to that. I had no idea Ted was off into that. I have got to get me one of those lace sleeved shirts :shock:
next ya'll gonna tell me Gene Simons played bass for the mamas n papas.
Or was it "Hair".

#32222 by Dajax
Fri May 23, 2008 9:44 pm
Goddo

#32828 by philbymon
Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:57 am
OMG!!! Black57 - I have Elephant's Memory's "Mongoose" on an old 45, believe it or not! TY TY TY!

Savoy Brown's gonna be around here, soon, I heard...gotta go!

Howzabout:

The Cherry People

or

The Amazing World of Arthur Brown (he's on utube too singing "Fire"- "I am the god of hellfire!" - wadda riot!)

#33091 by Black57
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:58 pm
philbymon wrote:OMG!!! Black57 - I have Elephant's Memory's "Mongoose" on an old 45, believe it or not! TY TY TY!

Savoy Brown's gonna be around here, soon, I heard...gotta go!

Howzabout:

The Cherry People

or

The Amazing World of Arthur Brown (he's on utube too singing "Fire"- "I am the god of hellfire!" - wadda riot!)

I am so stunned. However, I am glad that I am not the only one knowing that song. I would listen to the radio at the same time each night just so that I could hear Mongoose. I had looked for the record for years and finally found it on the internet.