This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#21784 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 pm
Captain Scott wrote:I knew some Beatles.

First "music" was Foreigner's "Cold as Ice". (omg, kill me now)

+

ABBA "Up, Up and Away in my beautiful Balloon". (even worse, if I actually said it, I would have cut out my tongue) lol

... Oh man, those are the most haunting songs of that time... That balloon song freaks me out... And "Cold As Ice," man Frankie Vallie did best on "Oh What a Night," let's keep it at that, lol.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#21902 by gbheil
Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 pm
I had three older sisters so I heard all that 50/60's stuff. But man I found an Iron Butterfly 8 track in the bar ditch one day as I was out riding my horse. Holy crap batman, I LIKE TO ROCK !! (April Wine)
Doin my best Gene Simons tongue thing. YEA BABY YEA!!!!

#24453 by philbymon
Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:05 pm
I was lying on the flooe in the living room watching tv when the Beatles came to the US. I was 8 at the time. They showed a clip from "A Hard Day's Night" where all the girls were chasing them & I was HOOKED!

Later came the Monkees...what can I say...I was young.

My 1st album purchase was the Beatles 2nd.

(wanders off humming "She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah...")

#24459 by gbheil
Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 pm
Hell I still like to play Ain't Your (metal) Steppin Stone,

#24827 by RyanStrain3032
Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:28 am
WEEEEE WIIILLL WEEE WIIILLL, ROCK YOU!

I remember jumping around the house like an idiot everytime they played this on the radio.

#25144 by CaptnWar
Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:30 pm
The Righteous Brothers "You've lost that lovin' feeling" always stuck out to me.
And most likely because I was born in '85, new wave tunes seem like lullabies to me.

#25145 by CaptnWar
Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:35 pm
i bet most stuff people remember, had something to do with phil spector (even though he is crazy, he did so much)

#26903 by Pro Metheus
Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:20 pm
Nazareth ...from what I can remember, my uncle was totally into them.. my first exposure was to S.O.B. umm... I mean Hair of the Dog .

I was lovin it and asked my uncle what the awesome sound was, he sez
" electric guitar".. and I was forever doomed.....

I then heard Miss Misery and new that Rock N Roll will forever be with me..

First album/tape I acquired was because of the tune Paranoid by Black Sabbath.

2nd was Highway to Hell - AC/DC.

by then it was all over, I was a lost soul.....

Still have the two original cassettes in my collection, Tony Iommi and Angus Young were my 2 greatest infuences in the desire to play guitar, then in '84 I heard a swede with a funny hard to pronounce name play the guitar, that was it, I was screwed..........

#30793 by daryl f.
Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 am
Heard Beatles A LOT as a kid. Bless my brother! First album I bought- Styx , Cornerstone.

#30863 by Kurt's Revenge
Wed May 07, 2008 1:25 am
Whole lotta shakin-Jerry Lee Lewis
Born on the bayou-CCR
Oxford town-Bob Dylan

Puff the Magic dragon
Strawberry Fields-the beatles When iwas little my parents were hippies

#31050 by gtZip
Fri May 09, 2008 2:21 pm
Lets see... when I was really young there was:
A Marty Robbins compilation 8-track.
A couple of C.C.R. records, some sort of Anne Murray 8-track, and a rock-mix 8-track that had 'Paranoid' on it.
Spent lots of time at my grandparents cabin in the summer as a kid and they had a bunch of old country music 8-tracks.
My dad used to sing 'home on the range' to us at bedtime once in awhile, for some reason.

The first songs that I can remember as a kid are Marty Robbins (El Paso),
and C.C.R. (Lookin out my back door)

First tape that I bought (err.. conned my mom into buying for me), was
Quiet Riot (metal health). -- I think.
I had an older brother, and he had an older friend who was in one of those tape clubs, so I was exposed to lots of 80's hard rock.

#31060 by BMix
Fri May 09, 2008 3:09 pm
Reba McEtire, Billy Joel, Elton John, Radiohead, and Rush..

#33506 by koolmom78
Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:30 am
Irminsul wrote:Just remembered this one...when I was little, my mom would use the Rolling Stones song "Hey You, Got off a My Cloud" and substitute the words:

"Hey..You...go clean up your room
Hey...You...go clean up your room"

:lol: I am forever changing the words in songs for my boys! Mostly it's the "You can't always get what you want" song or I bug them by singing their songs in opera. :twisted:

For me, I can remember when I was 6 and I had a little black getto blaster and I listened to Bryan Adams "Cuts Like A Knife" tape. Still love him!

The stuff I grew up with was the Classic Rock like Robert Palmer, CCR, Alan Pearsons Project & Genesis from my mom and the Eagles, Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple was dad's. He played guitar with his harmonica hook-up and used to play a lot of Eagles tunes and I would sing & sing with him...good times...got to break out the recorder too for some Stairway as I got older! :roll: :lol:

#40743 by Black57
Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:48 am
Can't Get No Satisfaction-Rolling Stones and Hit the Road Jack- Ray Charles. Those especially stick out in my mind as songs that I loved when I was a little kids between kindergarten and about the third grade.