This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#30404 by HowlinJ
Thu May 01, 2008 12:48 am
HowlinJ wrote:"Scrapper Blackwell",.....(inventor of modern guitar playen').

The late, great "Glen Buxton" back in 69 when Alice Cooper was the greatest unknown band in the world.

"Wendel Richardson" .....Osibisa.

"Leigh Stephens" ..........Blue Cheer

I thought of a couple of others at work today! (funny how these damn threads stick in my mind)....

Billy Zoom (X)

Danny Kalb (The Blues Project)

Waddy Wachtel (Cowsills, Ronstadt, Zevon , ETC.)

#30460 by Andragon
Thu May 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Guitaranatomy wrote:
Faultline 29 wrote:I do agree on James Hetfeild not receiving enough recognition for his guitar playing. Its just something that doesnt seem to be talked about all that much in comparison to his vocals or lyrics.

Yeah, his vocals are a bigger deal to people, lol. Now his vocals are gone because of all of the drinking and his age. But his guitar playing is still just as sharp.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

Yea, but his vocals are still there. They only got better.. okay throw your stones at me now....... done?
Simply put: his vocals have always been completely raw; now he has complete control over it. I like old [around Kill em All] AND new MetallicA, minus St. Anger for obvious reasons.

Guitaranatomy wrote:Hey, another guitarist who has not gotten recognition... Um... How about Tom Morello? He has not been mentioned enough in my opinion. I hear his name around, sure, but it should be mentioned more. After all, he gave both to the whole warping effects thing in rock.

Love your music taste! .. but Morello is NOT so underrated.. he's just fine.. you have to remember that he's not the only one with the screaming solos in RATM n Audioslave.. there was Buckethead, for example, whose style resembles Morello's .. all cool though.

#30477 by gbheil
Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 pm
Ok brainstormers: Who played the lead for "April Wine"

#30524 by jw123
Fri May 02, 2008 2:23 pm
I dont know but one of my earlier bands used to play "I Like To Rock". I always thought it was cool how he copped the Beatles Day Tripper on the fade out on guitars, We used to play right into Daytripper when we played it.

Man you guys are bringing back memerys now. Some of them Painful.

Thinking over this thread again I think Im the most underrated guitarist on the planet. Hows that for self promotion?

#30789 by daryl f.
Tue May 06, 2008 6:36 am
Steve Lukather, Gary Moore, anyone that played for Thin Lizzy.
#31237 by TOM01
Sun May 11, 2008 7:53 pm
:lol: HOW ABOUT TY TABOR OF KINGS-X? GREAT STYLE AND SONGWRITING. i could probably name more , but this is the first that comes to mind.

#34785 by darkslr
Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:43 am
the edge-u2
kevin shields-my bloody valentine
brad laner-medicine :shock:

#36419 by TheRevolutionite
Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:41 pm
Here's a jaw-dropper....

Wes Borland!

Cmon, you can hate Fred Durst all you like, but you have to give Wes some props. I not saying this based on his technical skill, but the guy is sooo original. Odd tunings and effects, his riffs. He had some pretty cool fingertapping songs as well.
I can understand getting flamed, but now-a-days you don't get to much originality.

#36433 by Andragon
Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm
Well he does put on a good show. If only he played good music, I'd probably listen to him a lil less than regularly.

#36480 by pusMonkey
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:58 am
Steve Rothery of Marillion.
Randy Jackson of Zebra.
Frank Aresti and Jim Matheos of Fates Warning.

#36498 by RonnieW
Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:19 pm
Mick Ronson - Spiders From Mars, Mott The Hoople

Hubert Sumlin -

Otis Rush -

Louis Meyers - (You will have to dig deep for him)

#39374 by AndrewSorenson
Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:46 pm
Phil Keaggy
Django

#44397 by racefanrob
Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 pm
Tommy Bolin . . .
Ronnie Montrose . . .
Mars Bonfire !
#48332 by ODmanager
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:08 am
#1...ritchie blackmore-right up there with page and hendrix #2...alex lifeson #3...joe perry