This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#30256 by Allicat
Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:12 am
AUDITIONS for ALLI & THE CATS

Saturday, May 3rd, 11am to 2pm
Monday, May 5th , 6pm to 8pm

at Houston Community College, Fine Arts Center (FAC Bldg)
3517 Austin, in between Austin, La Branch, Alabama and Holman
*aLLi & THe CaTS is not affiliated with HCC

Seeking female vocalist
for WWII/40’s era musical performance trio

Styles include: 40’s, 50’s, Big Band, Swing, Motown, Jazz/Blues, Standards, Broadway

Evening & Weekend Availability Required. Soprano preferred.
Light travel possible. Paid and volunteer shows.

IDEAL CHARACTERISTICS: Attractive, height/weight proportionate, outgoing, interact well with an audience, acting/performing experience, able to read music, and able to learn and memorize music and basic choreography quickly.

Bring one song of your choosing, and a headshot, if available (otherwise, we’ll take one). Piano accompaniment will be provided. You may also be asked to learn some very basic choreography and to harmonize with the group.

For additional information or to schedule an alternate audition time, please contact Lisa at 832-860-0350 or Check out our website and song demos at www.alliandthecats.com or www.myspace/alliandthecatstrio

#30260 by The KIDD
Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:03 am
Hey Ladies,

Great job!!!...Enjoyed your arrangments.Even had that old middrangy 1KHZ sound to it :lol: .I cut my teefs on this material.. :lol: Just wonderin if you had a live band you perform with? OR backing trax?I played in a 30-40s swing band during the 70s' and miss it terribly...Good to hear ladies still performing these vocal arr.

John