This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295500 by ATGuitar
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Holy cow. How tough can it be to build a simple and clear profile for yourself? People, stop listing yourself as a band when you are one person looking for a band. Write something simple in the "Seeking" and "About" columns. And for Pete's sake post some samples of your playing, audio or video. Everybody has a stinking' smart phone now.
And pay attention to your messages. What's the point of doing this unless you reply to people trying to connect with you?
#295501 by Mordgeld
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:58 pm
To be fair, it would go a long way if Bandmix were able to implement some filtering features to allow you to better filter out people that are missing info. When you search, if the person hasn't been on in a couple of weeks, chances are they are long gone. I have had people get back to me like a year later tho. Due to the inherent nature of musicians, if you aren't offering money, you'll need to sift through a lot of duds. In order to meet engagements and present top quality material, I have pretty much given up on BM and resorted to hiring session musicians for flat rate while the rest of the band gets percentage less expenses. Best of luck with your attempt at Bandmix.
#295506 by RhythmMan-2
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:31 am
That is a fair point.
I'm a single musician originally listed as a band.
But - back when I wrote my profile, about 15- 20 years ago, I DID have a band with 4 members.
We played and gigged for a few years, and then I eventually disbanded the band, to spend more time writing and recording and teaching, which I do for 20 - 30 hours/ a week, now. I'm currently working on Albums 6 & 7.
Anyway, it was tons easier to keep my profile as it was, without deleting it and re-uploading all the profile information, pictures and songs all over again.
On another note; I'm getting on in years, and I's probably be open to taking on an apprentice . . . as in free lessons . . .

I don't think I want to go through all the bother of assembling another band and arranging rehearsal schedules again . . .
#295511 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:56 pm
You realize that the people you are addressing can't even see this forum? It's not listed on the main pages - hasn't been for quite a while. There is 'forum profile', but no direct link to this forum.
This site is SO dead!
#295513 by Mordgeld
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:11 pm
I can see it. The link to this forum was moved to the bottom of the page. Not so obvious anymore but is still there. Can't disagree on the deadness. I think they are trying to kill it on purpose so they won't have to worry about moderation or emails about it.