This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295289 by Chippy
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:15 pm
Just checking in on you guys after some years. I'm guessing many I used to know won't be around?

I Just wanted to drop a line and say that I hope you are fine and safe.
Chippy
#295291 by schmedidiah
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Chippy wrote:Just checking in on you guys after some years. I'm guessing many I used to know won't be around?

I Just wanted to drop a line and say that I hope you are fine and safe.
Chippy

hi there. let's talk about music. :D
#295296 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:30 pm
Chippy! Yeah, this place has totally died. All the old regular curmudgeons drank bleach and disappeared!
#295299 by Planetguy
Fri May 01, 2020 4:13 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Chippy! Yeah, this place has totally died. All the old regular curmudgeons drank bleach and disappeared!

not me mike.....i couldn't find any bleach or lysol on the shelves, so i dropped a trouble light w a 200 watt incandescent bulb down my throat and have never felt better!

I hope everyone else is hanging there as well.
#295303 by Chippy
Thu May 07, 2020 8:27 pm
Got an error when replying.
Test....
#295310 by schmedidiah
Sun May 10, 2020 1:11 pm
who lost a member? sorry to hear that! :shock: :lol:
#295315 by Chippy
Tue May 12, 2020 7:56 am
Hi peeps again.
Thanks for the replies once more.
Forum is a bit buried these days, not like I remember it at all.

I'm well under way with my 3rd Album. The first two got trashed with bad HD's
Send off backups each time I open now damnit.

As regards the Lysol, words fail me on that nutjob.

Musically.... Dunno. Sometimes, what with what's going on, not only that, the ring of fire starting to do strange things globally, makes me wonder if it's worth it!

I see reply notifications no longer exist here :roll:
I dropped by about 3 years ago, nothing doing, glad I got some response this time round.
Be well ALL!
Chippy
#295316 by Chippy
Tue May 12, 2020 7:57 am
I removed a bbcode smiley and was able to reply. Before that I got this.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\xA0\x0AS...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists
#295320 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 15, 2020 2:10 am
That sucks that you lost your song files. I back up everything in triplicate now - a bunch of USB drives.
#295323 by Chippy
Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Years old stuff now Mike. Me too. Anything I can save, anywhere.
Hard drives suck, getting worse year by year. Throw away society.
Anywho, I still have this one.
My stuff has tunes within tunes, so trying to renember the stuff I did is a no go.
Hows things there?
#295325 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 18, 2020 12:41 pm
Chippy wrote:Hows things there?

ISOLATION! LOL

New Hampshire is starting to open up - which give s me some trepidations, as over the weekend people from Massachusetts (which is #3 state in the country for COVID-19 cases and deaths) flocked to NH (which has total # of cases lower than the death count in Mass) for haircuts and other selfish reasons.
Me - staying in as much as possible, working from home (at least until I get laid off/furloughed), letting my hair grow long. Working on adding tracks and mixing songs I started a while back. Doing live Zoom open mics a few times a week.
#295326 by Chippy
Wed May 20, 2020 4:56 pm
Odd times indeed Mike.
Over here, that being Europe the borders are opening. Shelves are full. Rumours stating the virus is multi Gov plot.

The only plot I see is money driven
Doing what I can to stay away from peeps too. Difficult when they all think it's hype.
I'd like to see nay sayers carrying bodybags!

Be well Mike, all of you too.
Best.

GuitarMikeB wrote:
Chippy wrote:Hows things there?

ISOLATION! LOL

New Hampshire is starting to open up - which give s me some trepidations, as over the weekend people from Massachusetts (which is #3 state in the country for COVID-19 cases and deaths) flocked to NH (which has total # of cases lower than the death count in Mass) for haircuts and other selfish reasons.
Me - staying in as much as possible, working from home (at least until I get laid off/furloughed), letting my hair grow long. Working on adding tracks and mixing songs I started a while back. Doing live Zoom open mics a few times a week.
#295670 by RhythmMan-2
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm
Hey; same here.
I was on Bandmix for the longest time.
There were a lot of trolls for a while, and so I erased my account. Eventually I came back on - what - 10 years ago? 15? Whatever . . . I guess that makes me an old member
I remember you, anyway.
I stopped gigging . . . I ran a couple open mikes at different places for a couple years . . . lotta work . . .
. . . been teaching and writing songs . . . got 6 albums worth of songs either done or nearly done.
I find that you can almost always improve upon an old recording . . .
. . . been playing an 8-string acoustic.
#295730 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 20, 2022 1:36 pm
I check out this site every couple of months to see if it shows any signs of life (NO!)

Released my 6th album of original songs this past December. Have a new studio set up (Fairwaves Sound) and my friend Tammy (who I met here!) released her first album this week - my first full-album production of someone else's music. Have another 2-album client that we are just finishing up production and mixing for release of his albums this summer.