This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295106 by Mordgeld
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:55 pm
You've been posting here for a while. Book a couple of sessions with a professional. Trust me, it is worth it so you can spend your practice time productively on what you really need to improve. Then, go be a rock star. You'll learn a lot from getting out and working with other musicians in live settings. Many performers are musicians, but not all musicians are performers. ;)
#295108 by schmedidiah
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 am
Simpan28 wrote:Hello

Do I have a good voice? I have only sang for my mother and my neighbors hehe. But my dream has always been to become a singer. I am 29 years old.

https://vocaroo.com/hHLIGADFJWh?fbclid= ... _NeNjr2-4k

wow. you left the link up long enough for me to hear it. it's a lower key, so it's much better than your attempts at Judas Priest - Painkiller or Bruce Dickinson's solo stuff, but still very far off. a guitarist puts in the work, or they suck. same with a drummer, a bassist or keyboard player. why do you get off easy because your instrument is a microphone and the human voice? seek training. too expensive? it's free on youtube, dumbass. :lol:
#295111 by schmedidiah
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Because i think i have a good voice and cant find any flaws with it.

I tried seeing youtube videos but i didnt learn one thing. I just sing.

Just listen to this.

https://old.vocaroo.com/i/s1hXIiB2H7o1

Simpan28 wrote:And also it is in the original key i sing it in.

let's cut the bullshit here. you have launched at least a dozen threads on this forum asking this same dumb question. you don't take any advice seriously and keep re-asking your original question. i'm not in Sweden. maybe the musicians around you and the live music seeking public can tell you whether a tone deaf, vocally challenged "vocalist" who refuses to seek coaching on any level and also refuses to sing music with his vocal range is worth hiring or paying to see sing in a band. the answer is probably hell no.

go back to step 1: seek coaching. put in the work. :roll:
#295115 by Mordgeld
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:04 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Because i think i have a good voice and cant find any flaws with it.

I tried seeing youtube videos but i didnt learn one thing. I just sing...

This is why you need a session with a pro either via live video or in person. You don't know what you don't know. Seriously, you can't come up with, say, 150 crowns to engage someone for 30 minutes? I must be lucky, because I could go to a music store here and they would give me the first lesson free with option to continue. Maybe you could see if you have something like that available to you.

Anyway, if you think you're good to go already, then the answer is yes, go join a band. You'll find out pretty quick what you still need.
#295120 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 am
Simpan28 wrote:I think i sound good on the bruce dickinson song i practiced it now. Gonna sing it on karaoke. Does anyone else think i sound good?

yes. you think you sound good. everyone else? not so much. good luck at karaoke.
#295121 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 am
Simpan28 wrote:well f**k you
Also im not tone deaf. I have talent.
How come no one tells me i sing good when i think i sing good?
Do you sing in a band?
Also i am right now training on this bruce dickinson song.
https://soundcloud.com/user-770358924/t ... e-dragon01

yes. I sing on my own tracks. am I good? not really, but then again, I do this for fun and come up with fun original material. what you're doing, covering 80s and 90s metal guys who howl in a high pitched voice, not everyone can sing like that. you do ok until the high notes come, every damn time I listen to your stuff. just forcing a bunch of air out of your lungs and hoping you hit the right high note to come out isn't enough. a coach can teach you what you're doing wrong. until then, you're a comedy act. sorry, not sorry.
#295124 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:21 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Well f**k you faggot i am good. I havee a nice tone and sense of pitch.

all that jazz aside, listen to your Headed Out To the Highway karaoke track. there's a backing vocal you're singing along to and you still can't handle any of the high notes. there are different ways to sing high notes, by using your diaphragm, larynx, lungs, tongue, etc differently. I used to be able to sing these Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson high notes in my 20s at full volume. now that i'm 45, I can't hit those high notes but I can at least fake a lot of the lower ones (like Highway) by singing more like Neil Young. it's more in the throat. if you could learn that technique, you could pull these tunes off better than you are now. but as it is right now, you suck at it.
I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you find a band that can use your, er….., talents and please post video of your live performances. i must see that! :mrgreen: