This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294396 by Hayden King
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:38 am
Currently in studio recording the first two albums.
Whattaya think?
reverbnation.com/battlegrove
#294399 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:45 pm
Hayden King wrote:Currently in studio recording the first two albums.
Whattaya think?
reverbnation.com/battlegrove

i'm eager to hear this based off your youtube song but the search only turned up

https://www.reverbnation.com/thebattlegrovetrio

got a link that works? preferably to Soundcloud?
#294400 by Hayden King
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:53 pm
That shouldn't have happened. Here ya go
https://www.reverbnation.com/battlegrove
#294403 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:22 pm
Hayden King wrote:That shouldn't have happened. Here ya go
https://www.reverbnation.com/battlegrove

i'm 2 songs in and I feel like your intros are too abrasive and might send listeners to change the song before they hear everything come together in the middle of the song. by the end of your songs I feel like you're all in the sweet spot with one another. it's an eclectic band, but it could have some appeal to people who only listen to hits on the radio. now that i'm into the 4th song I would say songs 3 & 4 are smoother starting out. you might try shuffling that playlist.
#294404 by Hayden King
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:36 pm
Thanks for the listen/critique Shmed. On the 2nd song (Used) you are correct... the opening guitar measure will be removed.
On the first song (MGA) however it will remain.
These are just the first drafts. I don't really think this act will appeal to the "radio ready" crowd anyway. My intent is to keep it as raw as possible and not over produced.
What did you think of the horns?
#294408 by schmedidiah
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm
Hayden King wrote:Thanks for the listen/critique Shmed. On the 2nd song (Used) you are correct... the opening guitar measure will be removed.
On the first song (MGA) however it will remain.
These are just the first drafts. I don't really think this act will appeal to the "radio ready" crowd anyway. My intent is to keep it as raw as possible and not over produced.
What did you think of the horns?

all the parts sounded good enough but some sounded rough when they came in.
which song was that again?
#294409 by Hayden King
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:25 pm
If you're referring to the horns they're in the bridge of first song MGA
#294412 by Hayden King
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:26 pm
Shmed I hope to smooth out the guitar intro in the mix, but don't really have a plan on how to do so. If you have any tips on that I'd sure appreciate them. The composer is kinda stuck on keeping it in so I'll have to figure something out. I get a lot of headway as the producer, but in the end it's his composition and final say.