This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294057 by Mordgeld
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:32 pm
BestGuitarist wrote:A facebook friend who posts with him singing to karaoke in his home whom I have an understanding we will eventually work together in regards to cover tunes told me the kids today want SCREAMO genre of vocals today..his beautiful voice is out of style in todays world..noise ro c k rules.. :P

I can scream/growl and our singer can sing. I guess I'm all set for whatever happens.
#294058 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:36 pm
GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY..just got word from my friend who played with me in Jesse Cole James band has connections to Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. That we can play at the festival March 3 2019..oh joy!.. :mrgreen: :!:
#294059 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:43 pm
Mordgeld wrote:
BestGuitarist wrote:A facebook friend who posts with him singing to karaoke in his home whom I have an understanding we will eventually work together in regards to cover tunes told me the kids today want SCREAMO genre of vocals today..his beautiful voice is out of style in todays world..noise ro c k rules.. :P

Thanks Mordy for your reply..but take into consideration you perform in a metro area where you at least have enough population to fill the hall with an audience..as well as Guitar Mike..Boston should be easy
I can scream/growl and our singer can sing. I guess I'm all set for whatever happens.
#294060 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 pm
Well I guess it depends on the open mics you go to. Around here there are two kinds - places that welcome originals and are quieter 'listening room' type places - some of these are actually coffee shops, open mics in church halls. Then there are open mics at bars/restaurants. These tend to be noisier and where cover songs - songs people know, not obscure B sides - are the best to get people's attentions.
Now either of these types of places can have a 'varied' audience. There may be mostly young people or retired guys. 'Jams' with people getting together just there to play a few songs together may be welcome - or not.
Now if you are playing songs and no one is listening - any of the 'wrong songs for the wrong audience' situations may apply. Or you suck! :lol:
With any experience under your belt, you should be able to 'read' the audience during your first song and get a good idea what will work and what won't.
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#294061 by DainNobody
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:43 am
the guy in t-shirt and smoke and me will be putting a frew things together for the big festival at Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. March 3..mark your calendars..
#294062 by DainNobody
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:47 am
I was playing bass ,,..volunteered because we were promised 200.00 a gig plus per diem on the road..they bitched and moaned how hard it is to find a bass player.. I said for that kind of money strap it on me..LOL
https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/ ... he-outlaws
#294063 by DainNobody
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 am
this:
https://www.rareseeds.com/heritage-day-festivals/

Heritage Day Festivals
1st Sunday of each Month, March-October
Visit our monthly Heritage Day Festivals here at Bakersville Pioneer Village on the first Sunday of every month, March through October (except May when we hold our annual Spring Planting Festival). There is no admission charge for the Heritage Day Festivals, which open at 10 a.m. Attendees at these festivals enjoy a full day of music, garden presentations in our seed store, special seed sales, a good variety of goods to purchase from assorted vendors, and food at our Asian restaurant and bakery. Also, come enjoy our gardens where something is always growing and enjoy seeing the various heritage breed poultry. MORE INFO...
#294066 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:02 pm
BestGuitarist wrote:I was playing bass ,,..volunteered because we were promised 200.00 a gig plus per diem on the road..they bitched and moaned how hard it is to find a bass player.. I said for that kind of money strap it on me..LOL
https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/ ... he-outlaws

We remember you talking about that and questioning the reality of that pay scale, if you remember.
#294067 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm
a festival that happens 6 times a year? sounds like the music becomes wallpaper. :lol:
#294072 by DainNobody
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 pm
Not sure schmed..my buddy has heakth issues but we have decided to work up
" Iris" by GooGoo Dolls as first cover tune
#294086 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm
I mean this in the nicest way Pd, it's your social skills.
#294087 by DainNobody
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 pm
Aaaaaahhh..the pleasantries of Ancient Vegan..folks I said he can be a pleasant guy..just gotta catch him on the right day when he aint all grouchy..ha
#294215 by gbheil
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:23 pm
Music is always heard . . . whether one realizes it or not.
Careful what we write boys . . . we'll as certain as death, hear it again.

George
Jericho March