This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293592 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:14 pm
Who's gonna win and who's gonna lose?

I bet Trump backs down

Anybody who says a wall won't work, doesn't know what they are talking about.

Is it wrong to have a orderly process to enter this country?

And a minimum and maximum number of visas?
#293644 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Trump seems to be developing some backbone on this issue.

Build that wall!
#293647 by Planetguy
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm

aw hell, I'll contribute some coin too!
#293652 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:37 am
#293657 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm
I have contributed, there's a go fund me page for the wall. Orderly entry into our country should be
offered to every immigrant, and those who break the rules should be penalized. As we citizens our
penalized every day by law enforcment.

Songs quite topical GMike, is it helping CD sales?

Mord that was a good video. :lol:
#293674 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:37 pm
I had to watch that video again.

Iget it build a wall, and those that climb it are caught and flung backover with catapaults,

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boggy
#293688 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:33 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I have contributed, there's a go fund me page for the wall.

Sucker. But they won't collect enough so that any contributions ever get collected. Let Trump fund the wall - he's worth over 3 billion. Meanwhile 800000 government workers are not getting pay checks, national parks are having to shut their gates and all the ancillary businesses that rely on all of this are hurting too.
#293689 by Mordgeld
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Ancient Vegan wrote:I have contributed, there's a go fund me page for the wall.

Sucker. But they won't collect enough so that any contributions ever get collected. Let Trump fund the wall - he's worth over 3 billion. Meanwhile 800000 government workers are not getting pay checks, national parks are having to shut their gates and all the ancillary businesses that rely on all of this are hurting too.

Wait, so relying on government to fund and accomplish it's functions is hurting people? Isn't that exactly the point of the go-fund-me campaign? :? Congress already voted to build the wall (the same people against it!) years ago, they just never funded it. There may be merit in your suggestion that Trump fund it. Then maybe the go-fund-me can afford to add the catapults to it.
#293692 by Planetguy
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 am
to what function are you referring to?

the govt function to keep us safe? c'mon. that's already being done.....last yr's border crossings were way down. and there's no reason this yr should any different.

and all that in spite of the the huge non existent threat at our border that's actually warranted absurd talk about this being considered a "Nat'l Emergency", all so Trump can say he delivered on his promise......and on whose backs is he dumping this latest load on?

Those 800K workers and businesses that rely on them. Oh, that's right, how did trump say it..."oh, i imagine those out of work govt workers appreciate us doing this" (Paraphrasing as best my memory allows)

instead of IMAGINING Mr. President, why not listen to how they feel about it? This presidency has been the most absurd and unusually appalling theatre anyone is likely to see. At least i HOPE things don't get MORE absurd and appalling...but then again, look at where we've allowed ourselves to get. (and both sides can hang their hats on that!)
#293694 by Mordgeld
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 am
Ok, so how about they pass something for Trump to sign or not? We can find $31B to give away to other countries but we can't find 5 to fund border security that these folks already voted for?
#293699 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm
No facts at all Pg, just talk.

The wall has worked everywhere it's at look the numbers up instead of just typing.

To deny there isn't a crisis at the border is to deny what's going on, and what many experts say is a crisis.

Lot's of opinion offered, little facts offered.

Build that wall.
#293700 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:42 pm
45 billion a year for the war in afganistan.

I thought Obama was going to end that war?
#293708 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm
You do realize that the $5.7 Billion dollars is not for the whole border, right? It's for a couple of hundred miles of the almost-2000 mile Mexico-US border. Did you see the article today about how the Marines showing how easy it was to cut a hole in the steel bar wall proposed with ordinary tools?
What's the whole border really like? Take a look at this slide show:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as-the-government-shutdown-over-trumps-border-wall-rages-a-journey-along-the-entire-1933-mile-us-mexico-border-shows-the-monumental-task-of-securing-it/ss-BBRt90X?ocid=ientp#image=1
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#293709 by Mordgeld
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:00 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:You do realize that the $5.7 Billion dollars is not for the whole border, right? It's for a couple of hundred miles of the almost-2000 mile Mexico-US border. Did you see the article today about how the Marines showing how easu it was to cut a hole in the steel bar wall proposed with ordinary tools?
What's the whole border really like? Take a look at this slide show:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as-the-government-shutdown-over-trumps-border-wall-rages-a-journey-along-the-entire-1933-mile-us-mexico-border-shows-the-monumental-task-of-securing-it/ss-BBRt90X?ocid=ientp#image=1

Yes. Got to start somewhere. Can't see Trump getting the whole funding all at once now. Seems like a fair compromise. Pertinent to the below item, the funding is also intended to improve detection and interception technology which will improve the response to attempts to breach the wall.

That was a prototype without full features. (indicated way down in the article if you were looking at the same one as me) Good thing we aren't trying to keep the Marines out.