This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293588 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 pm
Watched without the sound while I smoked this morning.

You guys are comical

Don't you guys know any singers?

During that 6 minutes, crowd participation 0

None of you all barely glanced at the crowd

Visually a 2 or 3
#293594 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:30 pm
Yeah Mark. Can't you guys flash it up like Tower Of Power? :lol: :roll:
#293595 by Planetguy
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Watched without the sound while I smoked this morning.

well, there ya go....all that crack yer smokin' has fuked you up! duuuuude, put down the crack pipe before it puts YOU down!
#293600 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:56 pm
When you assume you make a ass of u and me.

That's almost as good as because.

Scmed we know your visual is 0, you could probably learn something by watching
that group of old men that pg plays with.

I heard it from u pg watching video without the sound, is that only for u?
#293602 by Planetguy
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm
ya gotta get off that crack pipe, AV!

it's you ASSumed what the crowd reaction is or isn't. Since you don't see them in the video (or hear them w volume off) , w/o you ASSuming, how would you know if they're sitting there attentively or not? How could you know there were four couples up dancing to that song?

W volume off? How do you know the crowd didn't show their appreciation w applause?

And you need to get with the program re. listening w the volume off. Don't be so clueless....that's a joke and a jab at Yod.

as for age...are you really talking about anyone's age???? :lol: as the saying goes....the older the violin the sweeter the tune!
#293603 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:42 pm
I know they didn't show it by putting anything in the tip jar.

Sorry my answer doesn't fit with your narrative.

You guys are old, watch your video with the volume on or off, and you come across old.
#293605 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 am
I think AV needs to up the medications!

Saw a sax quartet on New Years Eve, all very intricate interwoven tones from baritone, alto, soprano and tenor. Now THOSE GUYS were old!
#293608 by Planetguy
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:12 am
AV, you're really babbling about no one coming up to the tip during that whole looooooong stretch of SIX MINUTES????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a clue. It's a two and a half hr gig in a small bar/pub that holds maybe 50 people...there were about 25-30 there. Now, you do the math. Figure out that if EVERYONE showed us love and dropped a tip in.... in how many min you should see people rushing to the tip jar!!!! And then afterwards when you formulate that..... add THAT to YOUR narrative of what the gig WAS and what is WAS NOT. :lol:

Don't act the chump. friend.

It's you who tossing off "narratives". Me, I didn't have any "narrative"...I just posted a link to a video from a fun gig of a cpl days ago w some EXCELLENT baritone sax playing from a master. I did that because I thought some of the musicians here might enjoy seeing AND hearing a master at work.

I didn't put it up for you to act a fool, looking to start $hit.

But ya git whatcha git, i guess.

So, that begs the question....Why would you decide to start the new yr off showing your ass around here ? :oops:
#293609 by Planetguy
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Saw a sax quartet on New Years Eve, all very intricate interwoven tones from baritone, alto, soprano and tenor. Now THOSE GUYS were old!

sax quartets are a lot like other quartets of the same instr.ument for me . they can be horrifically schmaltzy or really engaging depending on the writing and of course the playing. i've heard really hip stuff and stuff that uh.....wasn't.

how'd those old geezers sound, mike. hopefully they were playing some of the hip $hit.
#293614 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 pm
Planetguy wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Saw a sax quartet on New Years Eve, all very intricate interwoven tones from baritone, alto, soprano and tenor. Now THOSE GUYS were old!

sax quartets are a lot like other quartets of the same instr.ument for me . they can be horrifically schmaltzy or really engaging depending on the writing and of course the playing. i've heard really hip stuff and stuff that uh.....wasn't.

how'd those old geezers sound, mike. hopefully they were playing some of the hip $hit.

They were doing Christmas songs and some originals composed by teenagers as part of a competition. They also did a fast short version of the Dane of the Plum Faeries (?) from the Nutcracker. very well-written arrangements with the alto and sporano saxes going below and above each other's notes frequently.
#293618 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm
I guess you still think your the moral compass for this forum.

I wasn't starting sh*t, just making observations.

If you don't want any comments on your videos don't put them up.

Pg your ready to start sh*t at the drop of a line, your funny.
It's different when you do it, you should be a politician.

Look at all these threads pg, you've tossed more sh*t then anybody, including Glen.

You still look like a bunch of old guys, I hope you got that sax player back to the nursing home in time. :lol:
#293621 by Planetguy
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:43 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:If you don't want any comments on your videos don't put them up.

what...and miss out on the laughs you provide????? i welcome all comments good and bad about the music, and then i can laugh at dumbass ones like your's "observing" crowd reaction (when the crowd is never shown in the video) and when you further make a dumbass of yourself by focusing on people's age and looks.

that's win win for me! :lol:

esp. funny considering you're old enough (or look to be) to be any of the bandmember's dad....or our grandad!

what happened AV, it's 2019, you suddenly got a look in the mirror, and now yer striking out cos' you're now obsessed with YOUR own old age? are you hearing the clock tick away?

Dude....don't sweat that $hit. Just enjoy the time you have left as best you can, remember...no one likes a hater. and try not to stroke out or have a heart attack on your next "run" to the mailbox. :wink:
#293622 by Planetguy
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote: very well-written arrangements with the alto and sporano saxes going below and above each other's notes frequently.

yeah, that counterpoint...THAT'S where it's at for me. 8)
#293629 by schmedidiah
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:09 pm
so.....is this guy gonna lay down some sweet baritone sax on my tracks or what??? :D