This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293214 by gbheil
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 pm
An absolute lack of God given talent . . .
I work hard, and learn slow.
Such is life . . .
#293234 by MikeTalbot
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:42 am
George

One of the best guitar players I ever worked with had more talent than me by a country mile. But I worked hard and he didn't. He was actually pissed off the last time we jammed, "What have you been doing?" I'd been working...

I still have moments when I feel like a lame, competing against folks who outclass me by a mile. But then I crank it out and I'm reminded that God loves those who put their backs to the wheel and get it done.

cheers brother
Talbot
#293285 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm
God loves us all

God is love
#293295 by Henry Damian
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:30 pm
Hello,
I'm writing this for who ever sees this......I have just joined band mix 3 weeks ago and have been sending messages to different bands that say they are looking for a drummer.........but haven't received any response from anyone. I dont know if it just I'm not what they are looking for or my message are not getting through..........please send me a response to let me know if anybody can see this

Henry Damian
henrydamian.com
#293296 by Mordgeld
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm
Henry Damian wrote:Hello,
I'm writing this for who ever sees this......I have just joined band mix 3 weeks ago and have been sending messages to different bands that say they are looking for a drummer.........but haven't received any response from anyone. I dont know if it just I'm not what they are looking for or my message are not getting through..........please send me a response to let me know if anybody can see this

Henry Damian
henrydamian.com

I see it. Not getting a response is the norm here. Narrow your search to folks that have been on in the last week or so. Seems many people sign up and never come back or check.
#293305 by gbheil
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:23 pm
20:1 Send / reply on any given day.
#293324 by Cajundaddy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Henry Damian
henrydamian.com

Hey Henry, The Road Dogs can probably put you to work. Our current drummer is excellent but often unavailable on Friday nights. Solid rock band with good gigs in SoCal. Check us out and if it looks interesting, give us a holler.
https://www.bandmix.com/cajundaddy/
#293332 by schmedidiah
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:55 pm
Cajundaddy wrote:

Henry Damian
henrydamian.com

Hey Henry, The Road Dogs can probably put you to work. Our current drummer is excellent but often unavailable on Friday nights. Solid rock band with good gigs in SoCal. Check us out and if it looks interesting, give us a holler.
https://www.bandmix.com/cajundaddy/

I don't see you as visitor to his bm profile. he might never return here. you should at least visit that page signed in so he sees you that way.
#293382 by Cajundaddy
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:09 pm
I see that Henry stopped in at our Reverb site... no response from him though. If he wants to gig locally he can find us. Different folks are looking for different things and The Road Dogs are not for everybody. We would like to find a good fit, as a sub when our other drummer cannot make it. No point in bringing in a new guy who is not a good match for us.
#293507 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 pm
Joel Clyde wrote:Me ribs and muscles...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

rib injury is the worst. I almost broke several 24 hours before my son was born. I was rolling on the ground, completely unable to breathe. finally was able to inhale some air after about 30 seconds. then spent 4 nights in the maternity ward with my wife, sleeping on a barely padded piece of plywood they have for the dads to sleep on. :roll: