This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

How long have you been playing?

N/A
N/A
N/A
100%
#293272 by MikeTalbot
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:34 pm
Mark
Paramecium Blues was fun, but sadly, it died in the "Catastrophe of '94." I was tempted to jump in the fire with the songs and stories but fortunately I slipped on a banana peel.

Two years later I sobered up and wrote my epic, "Encore." "I've done what I used to do, what can I do for an encore?" Maybe play in a bunch of new bands, write some books?

You never know. Thank God for that banana peel eh?

Talbot
#293420 by RhythmMan-2
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:39 am
Of the 10 people that replied to this, every one of us have been playing for over 26 years.
I'm surprised . . . . I'd be thinking that mostly folks with less experience would be using this site to find band members.
#293424 by schmedidiah
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:27 pm
RhythmMan-2 wrote:Of the 10 people that replied to this, every one of us have been playing for over 26 years.
I'm surprised . . . . I'd be thinking that mostly folks with less experience would be using this site to find band members.

there are plenty of people younger than us using Bandmix to find members. if they happen to see the forum icon at the top of the screen and click on it, what do they see? a bunch of political mudslinging and a doomsday weirdo who delights in telling everyone they'll die a horrible death very soon. not very inviting, is it? :lol:
#293440 by MikeTalbot
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:24 pm
Or some interesting new music, threads about scales and modes, equipment and so on.

As you know, I don't care for the mudslinging and name calling but that seems to have toned down a great deal and we're back to being players again.

I've always reckoned BM was worth it.

Talbot
#293443 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 am
Yes, if you just ignore the Vamp and Glenny circus in the non-music section of this place, they have no one to argue with. Well, except Lynrd (AV). :lol:
#293448 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:41 pm
Argue or looking at it differently.

You know PG scolding of Scmedd could just as easily have been directed at you GMike.
You were probably close to runner up (I don't know I defer to PG) in getting on Glenn's
ass and still on Vampierski's
#293456 by RhythmMan-2
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:47 am
Lets not talk of the trolls.
I'm not here to complain about people, guys.
Tell me about rhythms or chords, or music styles . . .
#293461 by schmedidiah
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:06 pm
i'm currently adding different vocal collaborator's contributions to 8 songs I made earlier in the year. I used an iso drum track and played guitar over it though (mostly) clean amp and an amp with my newly acquired DOD Buzz Box. it's a legendary pedal for having the worst tracking ever and pretty bad tone (compared to what it was modeled after and meant to be). sounds like an organ sometimes, a vacuum cleaner other times. maybe even a NASA liftoff or a dying frog. sometimes even get all of those sounds in one measure. :lol:
#293490 by RhythmMan-2
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:24 am
The 1st collaboration I did on a song was with a Song I wrote, "Folks I Knew."
It was kind of a folk song/Ballard. I'd written guitar,bass, and lyrics and a basic melody for it, and I found a vocalist instructor who was temporarily living in a recording studio.
She normally sings blues and jazz, but she liked the song.
I sent her a recording, and asked her to record her vocals and her backup vocals.
As for the melody, I was pretty easy going, and asked her to just sing in the middle of her comfort range, and "have at it." I asked her that when she was happy with it, to email me just her vocals, but not the music track, so that I could mix them here with the right anount of rever and echo and balance and such.
She did a great job, and we were both delighted with the results.
Here's the kicker: I live in CT, USA. She lived in Queensland, Australia. We couldn't possibly live any farther apart.
She later was a contestant in Australia Idol; she was quite good.
#293493 by schmedidiah
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:42 am
that's awesome. where can we hear it? I've done collabs with 2 native Aussies and one naturalized Aus citizen who moved from Canada. you might dig his stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/kcm069/sway
#293515 by RhythmMan-2
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:17 pm
schmedidiah wrote:that's awesome. where can we hear it? I've done collabs with 2 native Aussies and one naturalized Aus citizen who moved from Canada. you might dig his stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/kcm069/sway

That song is listed on my Reverbnation page.
Also, if you visit the page, check out the VIDEO of HALF-JAZZED BLUES.
#293518 by RhythmMan-2
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:20 pm
Here's a link to "Folks I Knew," (recorded via the internet) with Julie Jazz, from Australia.
https://www.reverbnation.com/alanbradle ... julie-jazz
Here's a link to the live video of me performing "Half-Jazzed Blues" with Melissa Spencer, at the Buttonwood tree Performing Arts (in Middletown, CT):
http://www.youtube.com/v/4DntYjfyFDw
#293576 by ian86226
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:47 am
RhythmMan-2 wrote:There's a lot of playing experience, here.
How many songs have you guys written?

I have penned over 100 songs that have been used. I have no idea how many songs I have penned beyond that. I write a lot.

I jammed with some guys for a bit but never played a show and then formed my fist real band when I was 19 so altogether about 20 years.
#293693 by RhythmMan-2
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:44 am
ian86226 wrote:
RhythmMan-2 wrote:There's a lot of playing experience, here.
How many songs have you guys written?

I have penned over 100 songs that have been used. I have no idea how many songs I have penned beyond that. I write a lot.

I jammed with some guys for a bit but never played a show and then formed my fist real band when I was 19 so altogether about 20 years.

So, okay, in the last 20 years, how many songs have you written which you didn't write down or record, and then forgot how they went?
I've found that a good song can (and usually does) disappear completly, if you forget the exact rhythm or something.