This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293398 by Planetguy
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 pm
Yesterday Sarah and I pulled the trigger on ordering one of these. Was going back and forth between this and the Bose L1 Compact...but this won over with better reviews of sound, volume/throw, JBL's service rep vs. Bose's, and the coup de grace is the Pro model can also run for six hrs on lithium batteries or AC. We've been using an old CARVIN powered mixer, and a cpl of CARVIN 15's for most gigs, smaller gigs we've been running everything into a FISHMAN Loudbox Pro.

This is gonna be great and will make our already super fast setup/breakown times even faster. Who knows w the battery option, we might even have to find a laundromat or two to busk in front of! :D

Here's how fast we are in the setup/breakdown dept....we played a gig a cpl wks ago at an ELKS Lodge. Supposed to finish at 7:30 and then hustle my ass super quick to truckstop for an 8:50 start time (about a 40 min ride).

We finished our last song at 7:34 and we were packed and driving down the rd at 7:50. That's w PA head, two 15's, spkr stands, two mics/mic stands, bass, two gtrs, and a mandolin. A total of SIXTEEN min to break down all that and get the car loaded! Got to the trkstop w plenty of time and was able to drop a downbeat at 8:50.
#293399 by Cajundaddy
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:36 pm
A lotta wisdom to keeping it simple for quick setup and teardown. We have been using the original JBL EON 15-P for 10 years or so and they are bulletproof and sound great. I keep waffling about getting EV ZLX-12P instead because they are smaller and lighter but... the JBLs are a sure thing.

With a 4 piece band that all sing our setup takes longer but we are still pretty quick compared to similar acts.
#293404 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:34 pm
Yes, I've hard good things about the EOn 1 Pro - bu tlike all of these 'stick' type sound systems, you may occasionally need just a little more, so sell of that old powered mixer and unpowered speakers and pick up a couple of 12" or 10" powered speakers that can be daisy-chained to the JBL when needed.