This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293175 by michael94127
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:10 pm
So I've taken the plunge.....been a SE England basic member on Bandmix for some time, but have decided to upgrade and keep my fingers crossed. I'm knocking on (late 50s), but have recently been really fired up by all the bands I'm seeing at events like Hard Rock Hell etc, many who are in the Facebook group NWOCR (new wave of classic rock). I'm ready to take a final stab at getting some success at this music game - just got to believe that I actually qualify as a 'musician', and that I can find people that want the same as me!! Thanx for reading, all offers considered :D :oops:
#293213 by gbheil
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:58 pm
Best wishes in your endeavors . . .
I'm constantly being told ( or it's, to my perspective, seemingly insinuated ) that I'm too old and ugly to be "successful" in the "music business".
I'm not even sure what successful, means . . .
I'm equally unsure if I care . . . :D
#293218 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm
George..just so you know..I dont think you are ugly..Imma almost 63 and retired and plan on getting back into music more since not peddling wares anymore..not much anyhow...
#293221 by Cajundaddy
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:10 am
Have at it!

Success is relative and means many different things to different people. The music biz as a whole is 1/10th the size it was 20 years ago and recording contracts are 1/1000th of what they were then. Still, a good band that can attract an audience will always have value. Find some players and fill a niche with regular folks who appreciate what you do. If you can make that happen, success will take care of itself.
#293232 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:25 pm
michael94127 wrote:So I've taken the plunge.....been a SE England basic member on Bandmix for some time, but have decided to upgrade and keep my fingers crossed. I'm knocking on (late 50s), but have recently been really fired up by all the bands I'm seeing at events like Hard Rock Hell etc, many who are in the Facebook group NWOCR (new wave of classic rock). I'm ready to take a final stab at getting some success at this music game - just got to believe that I actually qualify as a 'musician', and that I can find people that want the same as me!! Thanx for reading, all offers considered :D :oops:

Now what you have to do is search out the profiles and send messages to the good prospects. Just posting on this forum won't get you anywhere.