This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293090 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:51 am
next up..get ready for it.. :D
#293187 by DainNobody
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:04 pm
whipped up a rendition within a couple hours.. this morning Sunday Nov. 25, 2018
Suzie Q
https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/suzie-q

Songwriters: Dale Hawkins / Stanley J. Lewis / Eleanor Broadwater
:D :mrgreen:
#293202 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:03 am
The lead guitar part - sorry, but it sounds like way too much 'noodling' during the sung verses. Got to make room for the vocals, or vice-versa - and more than a few times its like the 'band' forgot where you were (doing the refrain line).
And same problem as last one you posted - the vocal sounds like a totally different 'place' than the instruments - dry with no reverb on it.
#293207 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 pm
So its safe to say you hate this rendition more than the dozens of other Suzie Q takes?..it is considered a jam tune..Rolling Stones version sounds nothing like Johnny Winters live version at Rockpalast..to each their own Guitar Mike..thanks for listening..
#293216 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:12 pm
Mord..it is what it is..I dont think people are generally aware of the many renditions of this tune..CCR I think had a 8 minute + version with a lead solo over 4 minutes long..but I will be darned if I can find it on the interwebz..used to be played on radio and kinda liked the trance like feeling it would give the listener..thanks for listening.. :)
#293217 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 pm
Oh..my new found favorite Susie Q
Jose Feliciano
https://youtu.be/kSGGRu7TZb0
#293219 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 pm
Suzie Q - Johnny Winter live
13:06
https://youtu.be/QII1YfFVhNU
#293220 by Cajundaddy
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 am
Hey Dayne I like the arrangement. The best thing we can do as musicians is record our playing and listen back with critical ears. Did we nail the groove? Does the bridge section work? Do we need some more dynamic space here and then get really "wall of sound" in the chorus?

Keep at it man as things are definitely moving forward in your recordings!
#293224 by gbheil
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:52 am
I like it . . .
Nice layering in the headphones, and a Morrisonian groove baby.
:D
#293227 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:20 pm
I'm somewhat in the middle Dayne. I think the recording and instrumentation are getting better, but why the endless string of covers from the 60s lately? You're more original than this. Weren't we going to try some vocals on your Wall song?
#293231 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:So its safe to say you hate this rendition more than the dozens of other Suzie Q takes?..it is considered a jam tune..Rolling Stones version sounds nothing like Johnny Winters live version at Rockpalast..to each their own Guitar Mike..thanks for listening..

No, I'm just pointing out ways you could improve your recordings. If you don't like what I say, just ignore me.