This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292969 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:15 pm
Hey, FBob! Your situation, though, is a bit different - you're not pursuing a live playing situation actively. When you are, you need to be open to keeping your own opinions/beliefs in check to avoid buttonholing oneself and losing opportunities.
#293293 by DainNobody
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:50 pm
Well at least you dont have to bring your own personalized Christmas motif decorated tip jar to the gig..as it looks like I will have to do..talk about crazy social expectations :cry:
#293297 by Planetguy
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 pm
nothing to stress over. I've always had the best luck using some humor with tip jar decorations. this one has done very well over the yrs.

my other tip jar says 401K Plan on it.
#293300 by Cajundaddy
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 pm
Our band is an interesting mix with a far right retired LEO, Mormon lawyer, moderate Evangelical business owner, and far Left Atheist music teacher. Out of all these differences we find we have more in common to share through music than the differences divide. We firmly check religion and politics at the door and everyone is entitled to their beliefs, just keep them to your own damn self. If someone gets on a soap box and starts getting political, we turn up the amps and turn down his mic.

Zappa said it best: "Shut up and play your guitar"
#293304 by gbheil
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm
Everyone serves . . .
Independence is the illusion.
Even to not choose is a choice.

That makes it very simple from my perspective.