This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292406 by jerry1035555
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 am
Anyone get any suspicious requests to play a wedding... short notice ... 6 to 8 musicians. Sounds a little like the old 'split the check with the Florist' scam. I gave him my number... but he emails me instead.
#292430 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm
Nope. I imagine this would be a local thing. Any wedding gig should have a signed contract with a deposit.
#292467 by schmedidiah
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 pm
I'd be wary of such a wedding gig. I would not be warry. :wink:
#292553 by Dark Noise
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:27 pm
Most weddings book music 6- 14 months in advance of the event with deposits pre paid. Any last minute bookings are suspect, excessive demands come from these people and every single one tries to low ball you and complains about every aspect of your production. I require six weeks notice to prepare a request for a ceremony and I never guarantee I can arrange a request until I have recorded a live demo presented it to the party and get their response. Fly by night elopements should be avoided as well as any event where an out door location is inappropriate for the time of year.