This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292153 by DainNobody
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 pm
But Tod..the Bible tells us we either choose the ways of the world or the ways of Christ..seems you have chosen the world over heaven..you can't have your cake and eat it too.. :?
#292154 by DainNobody
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:24 pm
And calling Lynyrd goat man seems go against Christian doctrine also..I could see you shaking the dust off your feet and moving on as Christ instructed..but to insult? Seems anti-Christ way of rolling
#292156 by DainNobody
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 pm
You will never make it when you stoop to the offenders level..that is why Christ said many will pronounce themselves to be Christian and Christ will say I know you not depart from me at end of the world time..yes its biblical..the world will pass away..I stopped being a Christian cause I failed time and time again..the path is too straight and narrow for my natural brutish behavior so I am not saying I am better spiritually..but my duty is to call out inconsistencies when I see them..and I just did :cry:
#292158 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:44 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:And calling Lynyrd goat man seems go against Christian doctrine also..I could see you shaking the dust off your feet and moving on as Christ instructed..but to insult? Seems anti-Christ way of rolling

I don't know a nice way to say this....but you're too dumb to debate. You seem to know some sort of legalistic "christian" doctrine...but don't know the bible and don't really seem interested in learning.

Goatman just hit Jeff below the belt and does not deserve the respect I'd give a horsefly

And, especially since he "claims" to be a christian, there is no reason whatsoever to turn the other cheek when he is bullying Jeff or making his false BS accusations against me, which you seem to have swallowed whole.

For his or your accusations to work, they'd have to be true first.

#292162 by DainNobody
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:10 pm
The bible is not open to debate..you might want to explain what you mean by legalistic Christian doctrine..just because you. Use excessive amounts of words to say the same thing ln less words does not make you more intelligent than me..I would take you on with any IQ test and we could see who's the dumber?..just cause you are better atbullshit does not make you a better debater..and I have nothing to debate about here anyways..its supposed to be for exchange of info or helping..not debating who is right or wrong..you have no right to call yourself a Christian..I see you break those values about every time you speak..you only think you are the big duck on the pond..I think Planetguy tried to explain that to you the other day..I will never kiss your ring you can take that to the bank.. :lol:
#292164 by DainNobody
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 pm
You Ted a Christian who makes his living from Christian dollars should know this and let your actions abide by this concept

But I say to you, Do not resist an evil-doer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also.” (Matthew 5:38-41)
#292168 by Planetguy
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 pm
yod wrote:
Goatman just hit Jeff below the belt and does not deserve the respect I'd give a horsefly

You're a hypocrite and a liar. It doesn't get more dishonest than you taking offense at Lynard's calling Haley a child molester... when you give your pal Glen a pass for the same $hitbird behavior.

In your bizarre and dishonest code book....because Glen was calling lefties (and Schmed, who you seem too stoopid to recognize AIN'T a lefty) "rapists" and "child molesters" that was OK.....afterall it's lefties he's talking about, eh?

But someone calls Jeff a "child molester"... and look at all the sanctimonious indignation you can manage when it's leveled at someone on YOUR team. (no matter that the inappropriate and sickening remark CAME from another member of YOUR conservative team). effing hypocrite is what you are.

whatever respect i had for you before is long, long gone.
#292179 by MikeTalbot
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 pm
Speaking as a Christian Elder

I call on you all to stop debasing the religion of Christ in this forum. Calling each other names and bringing the faith into it is frankly, sin. And worse, can't you see how this makes the faith look ridiculous in the eyes of unbelievers?

I'm serious as a heart attack and call on you Christians to consider this prayerfully.

Talbot
#292192 by Planetguy
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:46 am
Mike, I've been a non believer since i was about 11 or 12 yrs old. Because I'm an atheist some here have made judgements about me that couldn't be more wrong. Based not on what they know about me, or what i've showed them, but because of what they believe ALL atheists to be about.

As i'm sure you know....all atheists are not alike, just as all Christians are not alike. Rest assured I make no judgements about ALL christians based solely on the actions of some.

That seems like such a logical and obvious thing, but I know from experience that people do like their tidy little boxes, and it's easier for too many to generalize than it is to evaluate each person by THEIR actions... and not based on what group, political party, race, or religion someone belongs to.
#292194 by DainNobody
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:35 am
Mike no I don't understand what you are digging at?..nobody was debasing Christianity...AV hit below the belt and went overboard with his comment but also never has he claimed to be a Christian so he is not accountable..yod on the other hand a professed Christian insults him and conducts himself like a heathen towards me also..and I as a former Christian had the responsibility to call him out on his less than Christian speech..a true Christian would never return evil words to an evil-doer..they should reply with a response in line with Christian teachings..and when I was a Christian I was taught to rebuke a brother not adhering to true Christian doctrine..telling ancient he's a goat only makes him more inflamed..
#292196 by schmedidiah
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 am
This forum would be a better place in general if the self proclaimed Christians could actually live by their good book, instead of picking and choosing which passages fit their plots and schemes the best (Talbot excluded). :roll:
#292201 by Mordgeld
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:26 am
Everyone fails, even ppl who purport to hold themselves to a higher standard. You don't need to be a Christian to understand you need to give respect before you can get it.
#292203 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm
schmedidiah wrote:This forum would be a better place in general if the self proclaimed Christians could actually live by their good book, instead of picking and choosing which passages fit their plots and schemes the best (Talbot excluded). :roll:

This place?? How about this country? Do I have to remind anyone here that the KKK did (and still do, but more quietly) their crap in the name of Christianity?

Mike T - sorry if you have been incited into verbal action because of the words of some here. Don't expect them to change (except for the worse, apparently).
#292217 by Jahva
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:01 pm
Religion or not... you let yourself get drawn in by someone else nasty words they're living in your head rent free.

Mike T
you're probably the one old timer round here that has never allowed this to happen to you. We should all take heed to your words...