This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284507 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Scmed I don't know whether to say good bad or what on your music.
The last one I listened to with the Samarians was kinda like Kraftwerk
on LSD with a big rail of meth, other then that I'm not qualified to judge,
but I did listen to the whole song wondering where it was going..

All the same, I appreciate you listening to it and giving an honest opinion on it. I do want to overdub some bass guitar on the piece and develop it into something more with vocals even.

Ancient Vegan wrote:But I have to say this
Pigman " A single shot bolt action in skilled hands is far more dangerous
to the few....." I have to call bullshit here, no where close to the truth.
Figure it out.

And your descriptions of the M16 and the AR 15 make me wonder if you know
what your talking about? I only carried a M16 for 3 years.

Exactly.
#284515 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:59 am
Schmedy. Your cup of ignorance continues to run over.

If you wish to align yourself with any assshole willing to kiss yours...

That's your choice .

If you choose to hate me... That's GREAT... Because it then becomes YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE!

Your music still sucks. Give it up and go get a job. You and vegetarian are just a bunch of liberal complainers.

I wish you were standing in front of me so I could say the same things face to face.

To everyone else... I apologize for feeding a troll.
#284518 by schmedidiah
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:35 pm
Great. See ya! :lol:
#289175 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:32 am
schmedidiah wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:
schmedidiah wrote::lol:

Now to break up the monotony....
Brand New collab with an Aussie.

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/mkandersson1982-break-away-cutting-room-floor-meezerpoclypse-remix

That's interesting music Schmed. It has a very unique sound. Good job.

Thanks. That's my guitar with the bass pickup. The theremin and vocals were the only overdubs.

I've never listened to your music. My ass. :lol:
#289179 by Mordgeld
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:16 am
Is all your stuff collab or do you have a main project/band. I think my old guitar teacher lives down your way. I might have to ask him to go check you out if you are visible in the scene.
#289180 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:25 am
Mordgeld wrote:Is all your stuff collab or do you have a main project/band. I think my old guitar teacher lives down your way. I might have to ask him to go check you out if you are visible in the scene.

Nope. Garage musician. Never gigged besides my own wedding party. I try to solicit collaborators on SoundCloud, fakebook, various forums, but only about 1 out of 5 ever come through. Lots of pretenders out there.

Thanks for checking it out. You mentioned influences. My biggest influence is my favorite band, the Melvins. I don't play too much like them, because I'm not that good, I never get to practice and I record a bunch of improv with my drummer and cut those sessions into songs.
#289182 by Mordgeld
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:36 am
I listened to the Melvins - Revolve. That shite rocks. I'm down to do stuff like that. I think some ppl are being a little too hard on you. With some good structure and mixing you can hit the target without being a virtuoso. Genres that include 'experimental' are a tough row to hoe. If you are down to cut specific tracks to metronome and load them to a share, I can add whatever is needed and mix them up good.
#289184 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:05 pm
I wouldn't even know how to do that. My current drummers don't keep time very well. They flub a lot of their fills. If I record a 3 hour jam session, I usually get about an hour of usable material and the rest hits the cutting room floor.
As for others being too hard on me, it has nothing to do with my music and everything to do with my political views. These guys are a joke and I love quoting them to prove it (see J Haley above). :lol:
#289197 by Mordgeld
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 pm
Eh, I can do the drums if you can run some riffs in click time. I could share a click track with you if you don't have a metronome.
#289200 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:46 pm
Mordgeld wrote:Eh, I can do the drums if you can run some riffs in click time. I could share a click track with you if you don't have a metronome.

Yeah I can do that. Just trying to get going after some setbacks with my computer. Message me on soundcloud or my email is on my profile there as well.
#289202 by Mordgeld
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:22 pm
I'm out of town right now so it's gonna take a few days. I usually use OneDrive as a share. Can send out links via email. What tempo you like? Just need verse, chorus, bridge, and maybe intro/outro.
#291884 by schmedidiah
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:39 pm
#291889 by Jahva
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm
This was too dark for my morning... :shock: :wink: still... interesting sounds as always on your player.
Cloud Path... really nice piece didn't want to make the PF comparison someone beat me to it... 8)
#291894 by schmedidiah
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:11 pm
Jahva wrote:This was too dark for my morning... :shock: :wink: still... interesting sounds as always on your player.
Cloud Path... really nice piece didn't want to make the PF comparison someone beat me to it... 8)

Thanks for checking it out. It was one guitar and one drummer playing at the same time and the vocals were the only overdubs. How'd I do? Sucked pretty bad, didn't I? :lol: :lol: :lol:
#291895 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 pm
schmed..may I suggest something? we all know there is a lot of bias against musicians here mucho.. rather than ask for evaluation, let your playing live in front of an audience tell you ?..go play it at a local Phoenix open mic night? or a Phoenix public park? where people are passing by?..imo that is the only way you will get a truthful critique..not from these biased bandmix "musos" if you were as great as Emerson Lake and Palmer they would still tell you it sucks or not up to par simply because it's you..they do the same to me.. but when Faron and I busk we always harvest dollar bills out of the tip jar or guitar case..IF we set one out..here they just mock to make themselves feel superior as a musician..kinda like Taylor Swift is great cause look at the likes and concert attendance..whereas Emerson Lake and Palmer sucks as well as Dixie Dregs..no likes therefore they suck LMAO.. :D :lol: