This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

How long have you been playing?

N/A
N/A
N/A
100%
#290553 by RhythmMan-2
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm
I've been playing for 45 years.
#290554 by RhythmMan-2
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Oh, gee, sorry older folks; I forgot an option for over 50 years.
#290556 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 pm
Since 89, but then again, someone here keeps telling me to practice so I can get good. :lol:
#291502 by J-HALEY
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 am
You got me beat Cajundaddy I started in 1969.
#293167 by RhythmMan-2
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:06 am
There's a lot of playing experience, here.
How many songs have you guys written?
#293173 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:44 pm
RhythmMan-2 wrote:There's a lot of playing experience, here.

People keep count? 5 albums of songs published/released, plus a few non-album songs on my Bandcamp page. Plus dozens of songs either 1) not recorded, or 2) not released, or 3) not completed.
#293177 by Planetguy
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm
"songs written"?????

never thought to count. been playing about 47 yrs. and writing just about that long. i've written way more songs than i could count on one hand and way less than there are stars.
#293191 by MikeTalbot
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:48 pm
Been playing since I provided musical accompaniment for the Red Sea Crossing. The one sponsored by some cat named Moses.

Have no idea how many songs I've written but plenty for sure. One of my first and most un-lauded attempts at that was called "Paramecium blues...and mine." I thought it was pretty nifty though, from the bacterial point of view: "Is that God lookin' down on me, or is just a great big eye?" 8)

Lost a lot of songs and stories in the "Catastrophe of '94" where I got drunk, decided I was a failure and burned everything I could find. I got over it. Sadly i can remember just snippet of one of my favorites from the Hollywood adventure called "Risen.'" It was based on a homeless drug addict I encountered:

"She always has her makeup on, though her lipstick's smeared some times...
She's keepin' up appearances for no one, sleepin' on the ground.
but a hunchback's not a very good pillow..."

Talbot
#293194 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:43 pm
I'm a drum player who thinks he can play guitar but I only play piano

I've been playing a long time, and the amount of songs I've wrote, a bunch
#293195 by Cajundaddy
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:57 pm
Songs written? Probably a couple dozen, mostly forgettable. I am no poet and my contribution has always been more musical. We did have a handful of songs recorded back in the 80s that would probably still stand up today. That was the "record deal missed". Young musicians in our 20s who each brought a lot of talent but couldn't get our act together.

C'est la vie.
#293206 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:01 pm
C-Daddy. I'm like you. I've written some (very weak) lyrics but primarily I'm a "music" guy.

MikeTalbot wrote:Been playing since I provided musical accompaniment for the Red Sea Crossing. The one sponsored by some cat named Moses.

LOL....always love reading your writing Mike....you have as they say...a way w words! Paramecium Blues, GREAT concept, I love it. You need to find an old recording or do up a new one.
#293267 by RhythmMan-2
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:46 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
RhythmMan-2 wrote:There's a lot of playing experience, here.

People keep count? 5 albums of songs published/released, plus a few non-album songs on my Bandcamp page. Plus dozens of songs either 1) not recorded, or 2) not released, or 3) not completed.

Yeah - that really hits home: "Dozens of songs not recorded."