This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290286 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm
Pro - makes a (full time) living with music.
Amateur - has a day job.
With those definitions, I think the ration is about 1:100 at BM. Pros don't need to be here looking for gigging partners or bands.
You can't just create a profile, though, and sit back and wait. You've got to search out the other profiles and see who's out there.
Conflicting info doesn't help - your profile says you are looking for other 'fill in' gigging things, but here you are saying jam partners?
#290297 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm
john1230232 wrote:Is this place as dead for you guys as it is for me? I'm only looking for jam partners (I'm musically employed already).
Also, I'm curious what you think the ratio of, for lack of better terms, pros and amateurs are here. I know those labels are pretty objective, but based on my experience from CT, it's about 25% pros to 75% amateurs. Not criticizing anyone's commitment or anything, mind you, "You do you", and all, I just was hoping for more nibbles than I've gotten. Has anyone had more success elsewhere?

Honestly I think the ration is closer to 300 to 1 sometimes. Don't take it personally. We all get the same results at Bandmix because professional musicians usually know other professional musicians outside of a website.

Everyone has a life to live while trying to get their music career on-track to wherever they want to go with it. So it's not only professional vs amateur, it's far vs near, part-time vs full-time, travel vs local, rock vs country, young vs old, originals vs covers, democrat vs republican, druggie vs clean, cool vs nerd, and the list goes on and on and on and on....

It's amazing that anyone can form a band and keep it together actually. Don't give up and you will eventually find a band. Let's hope you're not on social security by then!
#290304 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:54 pm
I feel lucky, I'm at a point where music is something I do as a hobby not a career.

It might be 500 to 1, cause if your only making 200 or 300 dollars a week playing music

You probably should apply at Wal Mart
#290581 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:22 pm
JonasSabatini wrote:Hello friends.

hello fren :lol:
#290585 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:24 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I feel lucky, I'm at a point where music is something I do as a hobby not a career.

It might be 500 to 1, cause if your only making 200 or 300 dollars a week playing music

You probably should apply at Wal Mart

Totally.

It would irresponsible to work for that, especially if you have a family. If you are staying local, however, it's a good extra income
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#290586 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 pm
JonasSabatini wrote:Hello friends.

shalomski

Like your music, dude. You aren't "moderately" talented. You should accept the advanced label, especially here.

You directed that video? Were you in it? None of them looked like your icon.