This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290151 by Jahva
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:41 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiWFLs ... =guyjohn59

She's going to want to hear some Puerto-rican music... and he's going to want to hear some Chinese music
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny interview... I wonder if he would be called a racist if he gave that interview today?
#290152 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:15 pm
Wow. I'd say a rapper could get away with this these days but probably not an athlete. :shock:
#290176 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 am
Probably.
When somebody hits me with this racist crap it is simple... Give it up and move on.
Sad thing is it is not just back/white, it is also asian/mexican, mexican /irish... then we get into religious differences...

Holy curmudgeons .

Hate kills more people than anything else. Racial hatred is INTOLERABLE!
#290188 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Racism is natural. It is simply fear of the unknown. The inability to trust a stranger and then finding differences to blame it on. Maturity should teach us better.

Racism is for the weak, the ignorant, the coward, the bully, the small minded. At the same time, we will never overcome racism as a society until we admit that we all struggle with it, and it's only a matter of degree how much we allow ourselves to fear. Then we could be honest about how to respond to that fear, instead of acting like it doesn't exist.

I found Ali's interview quite refreshing in it's brutal honesty. Bussing of the 1960's proved it. We made people travel to learn and work with each other and what did they do? They moved back to the status quo of divided neighborhoods on their own over a couple of decades.

Someday every tribe, tongue, and nation will sing together as One.
#290221 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:02 pm
And hit the brown note
#290224 by Jahva
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:37 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:And hit the brown note

Brown noise... pretty chitty... :lol:
#290240 by Jahva
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 pm
So... does Ali gets a pass on being a racist?

If a white person said these things but switched the words around and said white for black and black for white... he would immediately be labeled a Racists KKK member by everyone except David Duke.
Maybe if it was said in a funny charming way... you could get away with it... more like you'd be ruined for life.

In my opinion is he was referring to his culture first as the be all... believing that not just a black woman but a Black American woman could understand him best. His love for his color and culture should be carried on and it was important to do it for his race.
At least he ended it with saying I don't hate anyone... :?
#292176 by MikeTalbot
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 pm
Free people can hate anyone they choose, as long as that does not include harming them and treating them badly. I don't recommend it. Christ died for all.

I will admit I find the constant screeching about racism and sexism to be a very sick trend. I'd note it was V. Lenin who coined the term "politically correct."

The current condition of this country reminds me a great deal of the Weimar Republic - freakish communists rioting in the streets, money worth very little, political anarchy. The backlash to all that was the rise of the Nazi party. I wonder what it will be here?

Talbot
#292445 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:20 pm
I think it was J Lennon who coined the term "Instant karma's gonna get you" :lol:
#292521 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:35 am
Ancient Vegan wrote:I think it was J Lennon who coined the term "Instant karma's gonna get you" :lol:

You could be correct about that.