This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277537 by kgoerg
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm
Sir Lord Baltimore - Ah yes, a person after my own heart. Title song Kingdom Come is very Black Sabbath-ish. Reportedly they were first band called "Heavy Metal" in Creem magazine.
Gamalon is great music, I have 4 of their CDs, I'd like to think they're not that obscure.
Here's some that I have/had the albums from:
Ultimate Spinach, Chocolate Watch Band, Mae Blitz, Tucky Buzzard, Hour Glass (Allman Bros band), Orpheus, Crazy World of Arthur Brown (not really too obscure - Carl Palmer start), Bloodrock, Porcupine Tree, Michael Stanley Band, Poundhound, Spooky Tooth (again not really too obscure).
I got plenty more if anyone wants to really dig into R&R musical history.
#277538 by kgoerg
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 pm
Hey Kick Asner -
There was also a band named Widowmaker with Dee Snyder - I know you're spot on with your description (especially calling out Luther Grosvenor - cheers to you for that), but interesting there were two Widowmaker bands.
#277740 by kgoerg
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:36 pm
Lothar was the group's theramin. In the early 70's Kim King came and auditioned for the band I was in in New Jersey. They had relocated from out west somewhere and minor success as an opening act for some groups.
#286690 by Ancient Vegan
Wed May 23, 2018 1:19 pm
Vampy Snotwad and the Sickfucks (Psycho and Pig)

There album "Were Not Gay, We're f**k Queers" rocks
#286695 by Planetguy
Wed May 23, 2018 3:09 pm
i can name four obscure bands...

Planet Jazz
Mere Mortals Bluegrass Band
THE 121's
The Spincasters
#286699 by schmedidiah
Wed May 23, 2018 4:10 pm
Planetguy wrote:i can name four obscure bands...

Planet Jazz
Mere Mortals Bluegrass Band
THE 121's
The Spincasters

Ever thought of making all four into one big supergroup? Maybe for one big gig? Markapalooza :idea:

:D
#286703 by Planetguy
Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Short answer... No.

Longer answer....

But Kenny (gtr) and Mike (drums) play w THE 121's and The Spincasters.

Kenny will be helping PJAZZ out when he sits in on a cpl of dates that Bill (bassman) will be missing. I'll move over to bass and we'll be in trio mode w him playing the heads and doing most of the soloing.. He's a great rock, blues, and ctry gtrst but really is not a jazz cat by any stretch so it'll be interesting.

I've tried to get Sarah (fiddler/gtrst/bassist/vclst in MM's ) out to sit in w THE 121's at the trkstop but so far no dice.
#286823 by schmedidiah
Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 am
:lol: