This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284400 by schmedidiah
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:38 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Explain what Glenny? You're a total piece of sh*t. Have a nice life. Hope you shoot yourself in the eye cleaning your precious gun. :lol:

You are right! I am a total piece of shiit... NOT!
I'm going to go blow my brains out cleaning my gun...NOT!
Thanks for helping so much and being such great guy.
You are doing some good stuff...

I love that one line in Amanda Lamberts song... "I'm feeling frisky, your feeling good... Looks like the whiskey is doing what it should".

Never heard of her. Now go play in traffic Glenny. :twisted:
#284402 by Displaced Pianist
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:20 pm
yod wrote:
Displaced Pianist wrote:Btw, been watching the news? Adboo...er, fazebook seems to be swimmin' upstream in sewage. Yer personal data was sold to the Chump campaign. Analyzed, monetized, commiditized and sold to the highest bidder. Gotta be a good tune somewhere in there...

Facebook developed this data mining for politicians to help Obama win his elections. It didn't seem to bother any Democrats when he did it so it's hilarious to hear anyone whining now that it's ALLEGEDLY being used by Trump.

Ok Ted, you've done plenty musically and can wield that big 'ole ego in here w/ some justification, but at least in this forum, you need to check them problemtics...er, politics at de do'.

As to your statement, adboo...er, fazebook developed their data mining techniques to accomplish 2 things: monetize the user base and sell that data to advertisers. That's the biz model and has been all along. Did Obama use adboo...er, fazebook to his advantage? Sure did--much in the same way you might use data to determine the best place to market your music. Nothing wrong w/ that, nor has Obama been accused of anything illegal.

But now the adboo...er, fazebook data has been hacked--computer speak for stolen--and it ended up in the hands of Cambridge Analytica, who then sold it to the Chump campaign (sorry, but have you noticed how close C & H are to T & R? Dang!). Substitute "data" w/ "car" and it's called 'receiving stolen property.' Did the Chump campaign know about that? Prolly not. Would it have stopped them if they did? Hmmm... Still, there's nothing to suggest they did anything illegal. 'Cept accepting stolen property.

And now the politicians--of all stripes--are calling for legislation controlling the practice. Not out of a sense of injustice, but rather because they watched the response of the users, saw the outrage and jumped on the bandwagon. Looks good in an election year. That's what politicians--of all stripes--do.

The point is that adboo...er, fazebook is a place where corporations can sell product for profit, but the biggest product of all--the users--must agree to being sold w/o compensation, which goes to the seller (the site) and ultimately, the buyer (the advertiser). That's why I won't use the site. Am I a dinosaur? Prolly. But I'm also not a commodity for sale...unless a good chunk o' dat $$ is going in my pocket.

In the meantime, I'll poke fun at Schmeddy, and any other adboo...er, fazebook devotees. But if they ever do start paying users for their data, I'll buy a spare 'puter, start a page and click every 'like' button in sight. And wait for the checks to roll in. Guess that would make me a whore...
#284412 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 pm
WOW! You just stepped on a bbeeees nest.
I Love your music. What a treat. Thank you!
You have to understand Ted is a great guy, and has been touring musician forever. In his genre he could easily compete with some extreme talent. Ted is an extreme friend of mine.

That's not the point. You posted some of your music. 99 % of the wannabes DON'T.

I'l say it again, thank you for posting some your music.
#284415 by schmedidiah
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 pm
:lol:

So which is it Glen? Thanks for posting it, or I suck and I could learn a lot from Crip2nite?

:mrgreen:
#284418 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Guess I should have put pigs in the title! :lol:

Yeah.. You should have.

Now theoretically, ... If my wife dies... What should I do with a little critter... that I love . but never wanted?

You won't get this. I should be like Mark and install all sorts of clever insults ... But I won't. DON'T MEAN NOTHING!
#284419 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:38 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:WOW! You just stepped on a bbeeees nest.
I Love your music. What a treat. Thank you!
You have to understand Ted is a great guy, and has been touring musician forever. In his genre he could easily compete with some extreme talent. Ted is an extreme friend of mine.

What? Do you think I'm scared to play with him? He invited me to do it. Just like any other collab I've done. If I play on his stuff and he doesn't like it.... Oh well! :lol:
Last edited by schmedidiah on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
#284421 by Planetguy
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:22 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:[

You won't get this. I should be like Mark and install all sorts of clever insults ... But I won't. DON'T MEAN NOTHING!

Glen, I don't want you to hurt yourself. Definitely do NOT try to toss off any clever insults.

Instead keep tossing off all your many insults that aren't clever. At all. :wink:
#284422 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 am
#284423 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am
The saddest thing about this is that you are serious.
This is a music website... Share some music. SCHMED.
NOT A BUNCH OF CRAAAPPPP!

I'll defer this to a real musician like Mark. If he say's it's the best thing he has ever heard... I will STFU!
#284428 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:36 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:The saddest thing about this is that you are serious.

I'll defer this to a real musician like Mark. If he say's it's the best thing he has ever heard... I will STFU!

Thanks for showing your true colors Glen. Nuff said! :lol:
#284433 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:12 pm
Displaced Pianist wrote:
yod wrote:
Displaced Pianist wrote:Btw, been watching the news? Adboo...er, fazebook seems to be swimmin' upstream in sewage. Yer personal data was sold to the Chump campaign. Analyzed, monetized, commiditized and sold to the highest bidder. Gotta be a good tune somewhere in there...

Facebook developed this data mining for politicians to help Obama win his elections. It didn't seem to bother any Democrats when he did it so it's hilarious to hear anyone whining now that it's ALLEGEDLY being used by Trump.

Ok Ted, you've done plenty musically and can wield that big 'ole ego in here w/ some justification, but at least in this forum, you need to check them problemtics...er, politics at de do'.

As to your statement, adboo...er, fazebook developed their data mining techniques to accomplish 2 things: monetize the user base and sell that data to advertisers. That's the biz model and has been all along. Did Obama use adboo...er, fazebook to his advantage? Sure did--much in the same way you might use data to determine the best place to market your music. Nothing wrong w/ that, nor has Obama been accused of anything illegal.

But now the adboo...er, fazebook data has been hacked--computer speak for stolen--and it ended up in the hands of Cambridge Analytica, who then sold it to the Chump campaign (sorry, but have you noticed how close C & H are to T & R? Dang!). Substitute "data" w/ "car" and it's called 'receiving stolen property.' Did the Chump campaign know about that? Prolly not. Would it have stopped them if they did? Hmmm... Still, there's nothing to suggest they did anything illegal. 'Cept accepting stolen property. ..

I'm calling BS on all that.

The Obama campaign developed what Trump has only attempted to learn. The difference is Trump isn't nearly as corrupt and doesn't spy on American citizens.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... bama-2012/

#284434 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:The saddest thing about this is that you are serious.

Schmed's actually pretty creative. Don't understand this feud you guys have? He seems to be able to push your buttons pretty easy, and does it just to watch you jump.

So Schmeddy....listening to the narration on one of your songs. Are you Englishman?
#284436 by schmedidiah
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:23 pm
yod wrote:

So Schmeddy....listening to the narration on one of your songs. Are you Englishman?

Nope. That's my collaborator from Perth I believe.

And thanks for listening.
#284437 by Displaced Pianist
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:43 pm
yod wrote:
Displaced Pianist wrote:As to your statement, adboo...er, fazebook developed their data mining techniques to accomplish 2 things: monetize the user base and sell that data to advertisers. That's the biz model and has been all along. Did Obama use adboo...er, fazebook to his advantage? Sure did--much in the same way you might use data to determine the best place to market your music. Nothing wrong w/ that, nor has Obama been accused of anything illegal.

But now the adboo...er, fazebook data has been hacked--computer speak for stolen--and it ended up in the hands of Cambridge Analytica, who then sold it to the Chump campaign (sorry, but have you noticed how close C & H are to T & R? Dang!). Substitute "data" w/ "car" and it's called 'receiving stolen property.' Did the Chump campaign know about that? Prolly not. Would it have stopped them if they did? Hmmm... Still, there's nothing to suggest they did anything illegal. 'Cept accepting stolen property. ..

I'm calling BS on all that.

The Obama campaign developed what Trump has only attempted to learn. The difference is Trump isn't nearly as corrupt and doesn't spy on American citizens.

Again: check your politics at the door--this is the music forum. Take it to the non-music forum.

As far as the adboo...er, fakebook data hack, it's been confirmed by multiple sources--and admitted by both CA and adboo...er, fakebook. On the NewsHour last night, key former adboo...er, fakebook employees confirmed that they ignored the consent decree they signed in 2011, to take all necessary measures/precautions to protect user data. Instead, they consciously chose to keep the data easily available to any developer who might want to use it. There's big $$$ in that.

Believe what you want; hey, there's still plenty of folks who say the Holocaust was all a big hoax. But if'n you wanna talk politics, take it to the other forum.