This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282340 by aiki_mcr
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:06 am
So I'm mostly just venting here. I've already ordered the replacement part. But I'm pretty grumpy.

For the second time in around three years I've had a tuning peg on my Carvin LB-5W Bass break. This time on the E string. I think it was the E string before as well. I have other basses and none of them have had this problem. This time was particularly bad because it happened during a gig. Fortunately I had a second bass there that night and I was able to get through the gig.

I'm considering replacing the tuners with a different brand. When I can afford it. Real Soon Now (TM).

Did I mention I'm grumpy?
#290166 by richard484767
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:43 pm
I like to build guitars, basses, and have been doing so for several years now. If you look on E-bay, Amazon, you will find a vast array of tuners, as well as other items. I do a lot of electrical work on guitars, including designing electricals. I have built myself about a dozen telecasters and have them each wired differently; a lot of fun, and keeps me out of the kitchen!
RIch
#290170 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:55 pm
Carvin bass? Throw it in the dumpster. :twisted:

I keed, I keed! :lol: