This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#28118 by thefish
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:47 pm
does this site really work for free...i've been on here for some time under a "free" memeber ship and have had zero activity.....will i only get messaged or noticed if i upgrade and pay?.....

#28120 by neanderpaul
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:59 pm
You can get noticed and messaged if you post here or if someone is looking in your area. You can only message if you pay.

#28122 by philbymon
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:08 am
Well, announcing your arrival is a good start. Putting up music can only go so far if one isn't doing a browse.

I've spoken to two acts in the 4-5 wks I've been here. Not too bad, really. I found one, & the other found me. Not to mention the lively chats I get into in here. I've gotten to meet a few ppl I'd love to get with in person..um...not in the biblical way, you understand..I mean musically (well...there is that sweet British lady...but that's a whole nuther thing!) And some of the music is quite good, too! I recommend you check 'em out when they announce them, usually in gen chat, here. I've been pleasantly surprized at the quality of musicians & songwriters on this site. There's also the great advice, & interesting announcements. Gotta say I'm glad I joined up.

I'm here free as well, so I guess I'm doing just fine. Hoping for better, all the same. I'm still looking...

Welcome & good luck.

#28148 by HowlinJ
Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:47 am
Hey Fish,

My free bandMix membership scored me half of my new band!(I literally created my own bass player, who is also my son, with the help of my bassist wife Cin, some decades before.) :wink:

My drummer and guitar player took a few months on BandMix to procure, (and didn't feel as good), but the effort was worth it. :)

I've said this before, and you may quote me on it.
"BandMix is a powerful tool , that's only effective if you use it correctly". It come with no guarantee. If ,after getting an idea how many potential band mates seem to be using the site in your locality, you may find that the price of the premiere membership is worth the subscription cost.

I am currently considering the $15 per month BandVista package.
The cost includes an excellent website builder, membership in Gig Leader (a kind of online booking service, which any serious working band should find valuable, AND, continued membership in BandMix, just in case you decide you could use that brass section that you were thinkin' about adding afterall! 8)

Just something to think about.

welcome to the forum, (the coolest place in cyberspace for noise makers of all genre, gender, colors, ages, creeds, and political orientations!)

Howlin'J

#28154 by Paleopete
Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:28 am
Hmm...I'd almost bet you could sell Pampers to a constipated cat...
#28188 by Irish Anthony
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:28 pm
thefish wrote:does this site really work for free...i've been on here for some time under a "free" memeber ship and have had zero activity.....will i only get messaged or noticed if i upgrade and pay?.....

stick up some audio amigo...your fishing without bait without it....

when i see "no audio" on a profile i just move on to the next one..

goodluck.