This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#28101 by JONLYKINS
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 pm
All jokes aside Ky is incredible thru the changing seasons but HOT. I always dread the humidity. I used to hunt quite a bit , mainly for deer, and in the fall when the bucks in rut..............and your breezin around about 20 ft. in a tree.....waitin for some supper............nothin quite like it.

#28109 by gbheil
Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:30 pm
Oh man you are talkin my language Bro. I like to be down on the ground. Where I can sneek around into or cross wind. Yes brother that is living :D May pop me a tree rat with my .22 S&W skin em out stuff a green stick thru em. build me a little fire and roast em up crisp. always carry me a little salt n peppa. Takes some time to get em done but well worth the wait.

#28117 by philbymon
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:33 pm
sans, you are such a barbarian!

Only cook squirrel in wine or vodca...it tenderizes the meat.

Later!

#28127 by JONLYKINS
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 am
you guys from KILL-GORE aint kidden are ya'. never been much on squirrel..........eat it too much when i was a kid......my dad for either novelty or redneckism liked to eat and watch us boys eat the brains and eyes from a deep fried squirrel skull.......im more of a deer and rabbit kinda guy now.

#28128 by gbheil
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30 am
Dude I throw the head as far as I can these days, saw one too many in the stew pot :lol: We have a subspeces of the cottontail down here we call em swampers. They like the river bottoms and such. and they get huge! strong swimmers both on the surface (seen em cross the river) and will go to the bottom of a slew to avoid being supper. Bone a pair cube the meat thumb size, ol lady fries em & makes a brown gravy fer the taters. Hell ya.
Red wine or sherry for tree rats, even barbarians know that. 8)

#28131 by JONLYKINS
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:50 am
Yeh, Ive seen that breed o' rabbit up here around a WMA i used to hunt. a friend of mine told me he seen a rabbit swim across a strip pit. I naturally argued bein id never in my life seen a rabbit take refuge in water before............until me seen it with me own eyes.........( Charlie Daniels kicks in with Whooley swamp).............I cant say ive ever eaten such but mine eyes have seen the glory.

#28135 by Shapeshifter
Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:00 am
Best recipe for rabbit: Nail carcass to 1/4" poplar board. cook over open flame for one hour, adding sugar, salt and large amounts of cayan pepper. Marinate in beer. Remove carcass and eat the board.

Sorry guys, trust me to piss on the campfire. :lol:

#28202 by gbheil
Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:00 pm
Dang it Joseph you stole my carp recipe!!

#28219 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:23 pm
So you people are the reason for the lucky rabbit feet... Now I see how our rabbit population is going down...

*Goes to throw up.*

#28226 by FastFret
Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 pm
HowlinJ wrote:Fast Ry,

Did ya ever hear of a dude named Dr Greg Mueller? (AKA "Dr. Mushroom)
If ya ever start to get a bad belly ache, LOOK HIM UP! (if you want to live)

Anyways,

Cin and I have some kind of bioluminescent varyity of shelf mushroom in our wetlands. I only ever seen them twice, after a soaking rain.

Were still waiting for the forsythia to bloom.

Howlin'

Ya I have heard that name.. I don't eat anything that I haven't properly confirmed the ID (spore print, pictures etc)

I used to own a website called mushroomhole.com I think I know all the big names in the mushroom world, I got divorced and moved to a place with no net and my VERY popular website went down.. Now I'm too busy with the band to mess with it.

I'll tell you what, it turned warm here fast, I think they will be up by next weekend here!

The forsythia is my indicator too, but I have found the blacks before the forsythia blooms. I also keep an eye on the dogwood for a good sign the yellows are starting.. Peace

#28232 by gbheil
Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:30 pm
I too have seen the eary greenish yellow glow of shrooms on the forest floor at night. mostly on or in rotting logs. It is pretty cool.

#28257 by philbymon
Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 pm
Only 'shrooms I'll eat around here are the morels & parasols...they can't be confused with anything else in my area.

There are a couple out here that will build up toxins in your body that stay there for years, until they eventually build up to the point that they kill you.

There are others that you can only eat safely at a single point in the growing/maturing process.

Too twitchy for me. I'll stick to what I KNOW is safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And JONLYKINS...I tried that kentucky jelly once. It tastes TERRIBLE!!!

(Well, that's what it said on the tube - "KY Jelly")

#28258 by gbheil
Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm
The glowing fugi Ive seen was whitish in the daylight. And I dont eat no shrooms I pick myself ever since I got one outa a cow pie. Whooa!

#28264 by MT Studios
Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:40 pm
Speaking of winter, Christmas is just around the bend again. The year goes to quick. So now I am going to have buy me some cheezy keyboards to keep up with this stuff?
http://www.myspace.com/kasiokristmassong