This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#28034 by gbheil
Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm
Spring is in full bloom in my part of the state of Texas. I love the change of season. Winter into spring is one of the most vibrant here. I encourge you my musical bretheren if the same is true where you find yourselves today, get your arse outside and get some sun and breath deep the sights and sound of spring. Who knows, may be your last.

#28039 by koolmom78
Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:55 pm
Funny you should say that...I attended a funeral last night for a dear man & nurse coworker of mine. He was olny 57 and just welcomed his first grandchild into this world a year & a half ago...it was heartbreaking news. There were over 200 ppl who came to mourn him & support his family. He got out & started his gardening already - one of his passions - & he did not know it was his last......

#28048 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:46 pm
Koolmom78, my condolences to you and your coworker's family. That is a tragic loss. I will not say anything very religious, but I am sure if there is a God, he is watching over him. God bless.

------------------

SanshouHeil, I have been swimming lately to get myself back into condition. Thus, I am fully functional this spring. But in Florida, we only have Palm Trees, and they sit there, looking like giant light poles coming out of the ground... In the autumn, they are still the same... BORING! :(

#28050 by gbheil
Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:57 pm
Another one of us used and abused nurses bites the dust. Sounds like we lost a good man. God rest him. I plan on going to my dirt nap at a dead run. Carpe Deum. Sometimes that means to stop and smell the roses.
GA my front yard is a look out over a small wooded draw into a ranch across the oil top road (one lane) and a thousand shades of green this morning. Western Florida is forested, Take a trip.

#28054 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:15 pm
That's alright... Western Florida is a long ways from here, lol. I do not feel like driving the 3 hours.

I am just going to swim, lol. Absorb some sun so I do not look like a ghost, and go get myself a date. :lol:

Peace, GuitarAnatomy.

#28056 by gbheil
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:23 pm
That'll work too my man. Happy hunting!

#28059 by Mike Gentry
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:35 pm
Well, being from the Seattle area where it's green all year round spring and summer only means instead of raining every day it's only going to rain every other day. We call it the dry season. Yippy Bah Humbug!

#28063 by JONLYKINS
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:24 pm
Kentucky is coming into bloom as we speak. If i could only get my sisters bare ass out of the window to see my perty goat a grazin'........ damn inbreeds!(ooops! did i type that out loud!)

#28064 by gbheil
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:44 pm
I have only been to Kentucky a few times in my life but it was easy to see why the indians did not want to give it up without a fight.

#28069 by TheCaptain
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 pm
the snow drift in front of mu house is finally down to 3 ft

#28073 by philbymon
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:25 pm
Ouch, piper-dude!

We had very little snow this year, but we had a goodly amount of rain, so I have high hopes for the morel mushroom season.

Another week or two to go, I estimate...ramps are coming up, though, & that's a good thing, as long as you don't mind smellin' like a big ol' knob o' garlic for a few days! LOL

But my forscythia's a-bloomin', & the daffydills are, too...yep...good signs all around!

I just finished smackin' the ol' fruit trees with a stick last month, so they should be good to go.

Can't wait for real spring.

#28079 by jw123
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm
George, I spent yesterday at the motocross track and my face is red today. I didnt win, I got my ass handed to me on a plate. It seems Ive been practicing music too much lately and havent been working out and riding.

Oh yea GO TIGERS

Memphis is my old school, I majored in pizza and beer. With plenty of rock n roll for flavor.

#28086 by gbheil
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 pm
John motocross is a tough sport, lot of folks dont realise how much physical condition is required to "just ride a bike". One of our Docs came in Sunday with a quality burn on his face from his son's baseball practice. He is from New York. Guess they dont have sun up there in April.
Was 55 degrees a 0600 & 83 at 1500.

#28095 by HowlinJ
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm
Fast Ry,

Did ya ever hear of a dude named Dr Greg Mueller? (AKA "Dr. Mushroom)
If ya ever start to get a bad belly ache, LOOK HIM UP! (if you want to live)

Anyways,

Cin and I have some kind of bioluminescent varyity of shelf mushroom in our wetlands. I only ever seen them twice, after a soaking rain.

Were still waiting for the forsythia to bloom.

Howlin'