This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#274868 by jsantos
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm
Hello! I am new here.
#275427 by FloydPinkerton
Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:23 am
I'm Sol, but my close friends call my Pink, and I'm a vocalist. I'm 18, in college, working towards a career in firefighting and a degree in Geology. I just joined, in the search for some prospective musicians after the search at my small community college turned up with lots of, "I can play the bongos" and "You want clarinet?", that type of response. My favorite genres are prog, alt, and art, but I listen to most anything besides electronica (except synth pop) and new pop.

I've practiced by myself since a very young age, and I don't claim to sound nice because I don't trust myself to judge that (After watching all those confidently terrible people on America's Got Talent and American Idol believe they sounded passable), but I always think back to Johnny Rotten when I think about what sounding good really means.

I've played in two separate bands as the frontman, mostly practice, with only two or three actual performances. I broke the second one up because my guitarist wouldn't learn anything new, the drummer preferred to jam covers, and the bassist never showed up to practice (always late.)
#277641 by orlando1217755
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:51 pm
New to Band Mix. Old guy in Littleton, Colorado. Grew up in Denver. Been playing for fun at parties with members of a local country/gospel band. Occasional paid gigs. Main guy moved to Arizona, and I'm looking for new people to play with. I've mainly done traditional country music, but I'm open to other genres. Lead vocals are what I do best. I also do rhythm guitar. Contact me at (720)628-6070 or ex0462@gmail. Orlando Valdez.
#277737 by MikeyA1818
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 pm
Hello! My name is Mikey. I am 28 years old and I live in Galesburg, IL.

I began singing at the age of 8 years old. The song that my family heard me sing was "Seasons in the sun". My parents urged me to take voice lessons, so I began taking choir. Through the years, I have received awards for my vocal talents. I even made All-State and Honor's Choir in high school. Recently, I auditioned for the Voice in St. Louis, MO, but my lack of confidence held me. My brother in law taught me how to be confident and now, I have my first song on youtube and am working on another. I am currently looking for a band or group that needs a vocalist. I hope to meet some awesome people!

MikeyA
#277792 by dutchcombo
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 am
Hey everyone! Glad to be on here and able to talk with people who actually love music, not just appreciate it.
#277853 by pengu
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:30 pm
Hey guys, this is David. Music has always been a part of my life. I played viola in my school's string orchestra, starting in 4th grade and going all the way to senior graduation in 2015. 6 months after that I picked up the bass guitar and have been with it ever since. I've had an extreme urge to create music for the past 6 months or so, and that led me to this website here. I'm into a lot of genres, but recently I've really want to delve into progressive death metal a la Ne Obliviscaris and Opeth. I'm hoping to find some cool, like-minded musicians on this website to finally get my creative urges some satiation.
#278805 by MikeTalbot
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:10 am
Many of us have found players on this site. Forget the forum, that's just for fun. Us the search facility and find players near you.

Good luck brother.

Talbot
#278812 by Badstrat
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 am
It's always so nice to see fresh meat on Bandmix. :)
#279153 by PhotoDan
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:50 am
Hello!

I occasionally play music. I started with bass guitar because me and my middle school friends got together and wanted to be a band and I got stuck with bass. I wanted drums. But A) My mom couldn't afford drums, and B) I couldn't sing. Therefore, bass! Turns out, I actually like the instrument. Other than Kyle, the guitar player, I'm the only one who stuck with it. Hell, I'm the only one who started taking lessons and bought an instrument. Kyle bought a guitar, like, two years later.

Point being, I am a musician. Have been for years. That ain't why I'm on this site.

I am a photographer. Have been for years. Well, I've always liked taking pictures, and then my mom bought me a DSLR for christmas, and then my uncle was like, "Hey, we should start a photography company", and I was all like, "ok", and then I bought a better camera and some lighting equipment.

That's why I'm here.

I want to make my career as a photographer. I have played in bands and been in the scene, and I think that I can comfortably work with musicians. I believe that I have something to offer, that I can do it professionally, that I can do it below market value, and that I'm willing to do it because I need headshots for my website. Okay, so that last bit slipped into cynical business management territory, but it's true. I want something. You want something. I require a small fee, much smaller than most, because I get something somewhat intangible out of it. This offer won't last long, buy now! Or whatever the appropriate sales jargon is.

I take pictures of bands and musicians. I charge far below what a similarly skilled photographer would charge for their services. I do this because I am new, therefor this offer won't last forever.

Of course, this ain't about self-promotion. I just wanted everyone to be clear about why I'm here. I want yo' money. Well, I want yo' money in return for a quality product. For now, simply consider this an introduction. I ain't even gonna link you to my website, like a gentleman.
#279696 by ZXYZ
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:51 am
Hey back you-all// hows it goin' .. I'm in fla now and Bandmix still kept me in their logbook. A musician just contacted me to jam .. I couldn't believe it !! Thx Band Mix !! :mrgreen:
It's been a long time ..
-Z
#279703 by J-HALEY
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 pm
Wow, haven't seen you in these parts for many moons Z hope you are doing well!