This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#273637 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm
Kevin Felty of Norfolk, Virginia, said it was the “most impressive presidential press conference” of his life.

“Largely because it was so unorthodox,” said Felty, 48, who works as a surgical assistant and sells life insurance. “It was hyper adversarial between the president and the press. And yet he was able to control the questioning and the tone and the mood in the room.”

Felty said the media needs to move on regarding Russia and former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

“There was nothing illegal that General Flynn had done at that time,” Felty said. “What he did do is make a mistake in not being accurate with the vice president.”

He also said he believes Trump is trustworthy as president.

“He doesn’t need the media to chide him to make the right decisions,” Felty said. “It’s something he’s been doing well for decades.”
#273638 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm
Regina Lenoir of Picayune, Mississippi, enjoyed watching Trump’s news conference and said the president “looked more relaxed.”

Lenoir, 69, said she was most interested in the president’s comments about the alleged leaks that led to the resignation of Michael Flynn as national security adviser.

“We don’t know the conversation that happened between him and (Vice President Mike) Pence. Only they know. But the news media gets out there (and) says such and such with no corroboration,” she said. “I’m sick of them making up stories. You know, we’re intelligent people. We can make up our own mind on whether they’re telling the truth.”

She agreed with Trump’s take on how the media has covered his administration and campaign, saying those covering his administration are good reporters but biased.

She said if people gave Trump a chance, “he might just surprise everyone.

“He wasn’t my first choice, but he is my president,” Lenoir said. “I think he handled the news conference very well.”
#273639 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:06 pm
Richelle Kirk of Logan, West Virginia, watched some of Trump’s news conference on Thursday and didn’t see any head-scratching comments from the president.

“I back him 100 percent,” said the 42-year-old stay-at-home mom. “You either love it or get out, is my opinion.”

During Barack Obama’s presidency, her husband was laid off from his coal-mining job, a loss they blamed on Obama’s environmental policies. She said they lost a home and “everything we owned.”

After West Virginia voters resoundingly rejected Obama during his 2012 re-election, “we didn’t show our hind ends when Obama was re-elected,” Kirk said. So she believes people shouldn’t overreact to Trump, either.

She particularly agreed with the president when he took credit for an optimistic business climate and a rising stock market, saying Trump is beginning to fulfill his campaign promise to put people back to work.

Reporters, she said, “need to leave him alone. He’s just doing what he said he’s going to do.”
#273640 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:06 pm
Scott Hiltgen, a 66-year-old office furniture sales broker from River Falls, Wisconsin, said he was glad to see the president push back against the media. He said reporters have no proof Trump or anyone around him did anything wrong.

“They’re trying to make up a story that Trump worked with the Russians to rig the election,” he said. “Now they’re trying to make a big deal out of (former national security adviser) Mike Flynn. He was doing what he was supposed to do. He was talking to his counterparts. He was talking to the Russians. He got fired because he lied to (Vice President Mike) Pence. There’s no story there. The left media is so excited. They think they took this guy down. No. He made a mistake. He just lied.”

Hiltgen said he remains squarely behind the billionaire president because he has done what he said he would do on the campaign trail.

“He’s accomplished more in, whatever, three weeks, regarding the stuff he talked about,” Hiltgen said. “That’s what people voted for. I can’t believe there’s actually a politician doing what he says he would do. That never happens.”
#273656 by Vampier
Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 pm
Paris is burning along with 5 other cities in what used to be France. The Police have fled ... why ? They want to save their families and their own asses since the so-called "government" ... the stinking EU cares not as it is all part of their "World Agenda".

And in the USA the disgusting Filth that is laughingly called "Main Stream Media" ...Lie, Lie and Lie ... only outdone in this by the Traitorous Black Messiah who has LIES coming forth from every orifice of his unholy body. So Trump who is antiGlobalist and a True American is slowly being backed into a corner and fighting for his very Life ... political and physical. He is beginning to finally fight back and use his fangs. When he speaks the Truth and calls Liars ... Liars then there is little dispute and their Evil becomes only more obvious. CNN should be dissolved and those responsible for their Lies and atrocities should be brought to justice asap.
#273660 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:22 am
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interac ... oll-21717/

Slightly more than half of registered voters in America (52%) trust Donald Trump.

Big problem for the left is that it's a higher percentage than those who trust the media (Dept of Propoganda)....which is the only reason Donald was able to be elected.

People don't trust the media because they've been caught lying so many times, and because they presume to know better than those 52% of poor stupid unedjukated Americans.

It was going to take someone with resources outside of the good-ole-boys club to drain the swamp. I hope it hurts.

Pedal to the metal!

#273662 by MikeTalbot
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:42 am
I watched that news conference. It changed my opinion of Trump. A) it was a tour de force; and B) I love to hear a politician say "I promised I'd do this that and the other thing!" Then spell out that these things are getting done.

His comments about Russia were excellent.

Talbot