This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#265816 by mystr0
Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:45 pm
Hello (again) Its me, Ready(the real one) back to get some new musicians for my band. I'm currently recording a new album and I'll be gigging up a storm once its done thanks to Jasir Productions (thanks Jeff) Need a band? Contact Jeff Rust at 901-385-0236 to get started. I need talented and dedicated individuals on point and above ego. You can also inbox me for new music and video. I cant wait to hear what's new.
#265820 by Planetguy
Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:21 pm
"Inbox you"??? most on this site haven't subscribed for a Premium Membership and cannot "Inbox you".

So. where can interested musicians hear some of your music? I mean...cos' you have no music, nor videos of what can do and have to offer on your profile page.

sorry, i couldn't resist.... but if it wasn't me, you can bet someone else would have asked! :lol:

BTW....you might consider mentioning something about the music you're intending to play.....i'd think most serious and exp musicians would know that that's a relevant issue to include when trying to recruit. (or do we have to "inbox you" for that info too? :wink:
#265831 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:25 am
If you can't inbox me. Contact Jeff Rust at Jasir Productions. My music is a mix of neo soul, pop and soul r&b. Cool standards for cooler skills. As for the details about releasing my music are on a need to know basis. I need musicians for touring mostly. Auditions coming up soon to my new rehearsal studio located in Midtown Memphis.
#265837 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:42 pm
Please ignore any posts that are not based on the business at hand. Im aware of whats been going on with this forum for months now. Even the bandmix administrators told me I was wasting my time in here. This is an opportunity for REAL musicians to come together. Sad to see some of you are still trolling on here. This is still a forum for WORKING musicians right? I sure hope so. Either way my plan is to move forward. Again please ignore any posts not related to networking my music. Thank you.
Last edited by mystr0 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#265839 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:54 pm
You want to post ads here, you get what you get. Post them on craigslist, you'll get 100% better response. This is a forum where we discuss music, or at least we try to. I just saw you lurking on the thread about fair compensation for musicians. Why don't you post there and let us know more about yourself, instead of always posting (cryptic) ads and being a thorn in our backsides? :roll:
#265840 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:20 pm
schmedidiah wrote:You want to post ads here, you get what you get. Post them on craigslist, you'll get 100% better response. This is a forum where we discuss music, or at least we try to. I just saw you lurking on the thread about fair compensation for musicians. Why don't you post there and let us know more about yourself, instead of always posting (cryptic) ads and being a thorn in our backsides? :roll:

speaking just for myself....when i'm looking for players, or checking out someone looking to fill a spot, i always offer up complete transparency. i don't play Secret Agent Man ( the role...not the song) because i'm not ashamed of who i am.....the music i play...or how i play it. and speaking for myself ....i don't waste time w anyone who isn't 100% straight up forthcoming along the same lines.

the straight shooters on this site ALL offer up their music and videos. not sharing music..... are you kidding???? on a MUSIC site?????

for me...that's a red flag and a cue to take a pass. When someone goes that shadowy route, it makes me wonder what's behind their need to remain anonymous and in the shadows.....did they burn people in the past that they're hiding from...did they skip out on paying their child support....screwed musicians out of their bread....etc.

Ready/Memphis.....this isn't meant as a slam against you. I'm simply following up on the points raised in Schmed's previous post. If you have a problem w that....live w it, cos this is a DISCUSSION board.....as Schmed pointed out...it's not a place for your classified ads. and if you DO place an "ad" here, understand that there WILL be conversation here on this discussion board.

Perhaps you have skills...perhaps not. But who knows when you're not willing to share your music, a video, or even a photo of yourself w anyone here. Me...I have to be suspicious of the cloak and dagger, mysterioso way you come across.
#265841 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:23 pm
New music and video coming this weekend. Time to add some pop to my page. This bitter sweet for me. My last forum didn't go so well and I almost gave up dealing with musicians all together. Then people started contacting me so I knew I was on the right track. As musicians, we should respect the craft enough to allow anyone regardless of your opinion to progress in their careers. So far so good. New studio, rehearsal hall and a new outlook on what it takes to succeed.
#265842 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 pm
memphis1 wrote:New music and video coming this weekend. Time to add some pop to my page.

hopefully that's your profile page here at BM. yes? if so ...i look forward to checking it out.

This bitter sweet for me. My last forum didn't go so well and I almost gave up dealing with musicians all together.

and do you assume any responsibilty for that? no matter...i'm "ready" to call that water under the bridge. 8)

As musicians, we should respect the craft enough to allow anyone regardless of your opinion to progress in their careers.

i've been here about five yrs now and have seen a lot of musicians come and go from this site. i don't believe there's anyone here besides the a$$ pimple who calls himself Willie who does NOT " respect the craft enough to allow anyone regardless of your opinion to progress in their careers."

i want to see everyone "succeed" (whatever their definition of success may be) and though you didn't see it that way.....my first responses to you in your previous thread was simply offering up my opinions* on what you might do to succeed in attracting the "A list" players that you were hoping to.

* as in my suggestion above that you mention the type of music you're doing.
#265844 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm
@Planetguy I appreciate your honesty and value your opinion more than you may realize. Your right, this is a discussion board, but music is a business. At least for me it is, so I only share my music with my fans and followers. Keep your red flags waving though.

@shmeddy I have a few different websites I'm using to pull musicians and vocalists from, but thanks for the heads up. I noticed you were the first to notice Willie was still trolling you guys when I left. Hilarious. Good to know you guys recognize the real ready from the fake ones.
Last edited by mystr0 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#265845 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:59 pm
We can beat this willie troll by having manners and class. Glad to have you back.
#265846 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:01 pm
memphis1 wrote:@Planetguy I appreciate your honesty and value your opinion more than you may realize.

fair enough. my bill will be in the mail!

Your right, this is a discussion board, but music is a business.

i don't see the two as exclusionary or seperate.

At least for me it is, so I only share my music with my fans and followers. Keep you red flags waving though.

interesting. you have me curious....why would you choose to only share your music w your fans and possibly miss out on a slew of NEW fans who might dig what you do were they exposed to it? pretty much the common view is that the more your music or art is exposed.... the broader your fan base might grow.

fear not, my red flags (and freak flag) will always wave on! 8)
#265848 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:06 pm
Im not here to judge you guys. Your talents and opinions are appreciated. Bandmix is still a great way for us to say what's what. Cutting through the red tape is harder than I realized. Im not above any of you regardless how I do business, it just feels that way to some. Tricky as it is, I still think I'm making my way through. We all have the love of music as a commonality...that makes us equals, not rivals.
#265849 by Planetguy
Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:20 pm
Planetguy wrote:interesting. you have me curious....why would you choose to only share your music w your fans and possibly miss out on a slew of NEW fans who might dig what you do were they exposed to it? pretty much the common view is that the more your music or art is exposed.... the broader your fan base might grow.

gonna weigh in on this?
#265860 by mystr0
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:35 pm
@ PlanetguySure. The history of music has proven that those who are not up on the business end are the ones taken the most advantage of. The courts are filling up with lawsuits because people trusted others to exploit their music. The flip side is unless you have your ducks in a row, you won't profit from the hard work you're putting in. I love music. Its my passion. I also know the music business and its a cold hearted monster if you are not prepared for it. I won't let my passion blind me from the goal I have to not only be recognized but successful. Not to say success is money, but the value of things are based on appreciation and availability.