This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#259430 by phaksupa1128612
Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 pm
Does band from another country count as being obscure? If so then I'm more than delighted to share The Rube to you guys. They are a new alternative band from Thailand. My friend introduced me to them a while ago and I think their sound is quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLvCYdpVj8
#265513 by thomas 111
Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:42 pm
* The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - (Carl Palmer briefly played drums in this group in 1968)
* Count V - (their big hit: "Psychotic Reaction")
#265603 by DainNobody
Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:43 am
do these bands currently need to be alive?..if not,
Pelican Peace Band out of Fairbury Nebr. but played many gigs in Des Moines, like the Totem Pole near Drake University, (yeah I used to club somewhat in 1975)

and how about Dancer another cool Des Moines based band? :D
#265605 by schmedidiah
Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:54 am
I watched a band called Shark Bait on the second stage at lollapalooza 92. They were only wearing loin cloths. They were smeared with fake blood. They had long dirty tangled hair. Their music consisted of the most basic industrial beats played on drums with mallets and pads that played samples of steam blasts or other stuff. I think they might have even had props that emitted steam? They also played bass guitar. It didn't even have a strap. They would pass it around, even halfway through a song, like "I don't want this. Here, you play it for a while". I think there might have been keyboards, but I remember no guitar. The vocals were all chanted and shouted in unison. Really dark stuff. They were quite entertaining, seeing how I was 18 and ditched school to be there. :D
#274993 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm
The greatest obscure band of all time was Trapeze

How many heard of them? They were huge in Texas but it's rare to find anyone who knows about them outside of that.

Glenn Hughes - went on to sing with Deep Purple
Mel Galley - went on to play with Whitesnake
Dave Holland - went on to play with Judas Priest