This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#260283 by IceMan1989
Sat May 28, 2016 7:50 pm
Sup everybody. Looking to chat and play with some wonderful musicians. Serious or just fun. Let the good times roll. :)
#261322 by dewayne355
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:23 pm
Wow, this intro thread is looking dead. Hello all (both of us), name is DeWayne and I bought my first guitar in 1968 and have been doing the self taught thing ever since. I'm disabled which means it takes me a bit longer to save up for that next piece of equipment (chronic GAS, there's always another piece of gear) but I get to sit around playing guitar all day every day.

I'm in Jax, looking for fellow musicians to jam with or perhaps take it farther if the chemistry is there. I'm a bluesman at heart, but will listen to anything with a decent beat. I've been working on a lot of ABB, Skynyrd, and various other southern rock collections. I love playing slide, of my 9 guitars 2 are tuned open G and 1 open E.

I can read music, albeit rather slow. I hope someone in the Jax area takes a break and has no better means to relax so like me decides to read this forum, lol. Peace brothers and sisters.
#261741 by nathaniel1136020
Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:33 pm
Well if you are in need some "emergency" CASH to fund your GIGS? just try VINDALE RESEARCH,
I use it and it really works...
#262090 by gina63849
Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:05 am
Hello from Canada! I have only been playing for 6 years but they have been the best 6 years of my life!

Loving every minute of it! Lead female guitar player in our no name band!

We practice and rehearse at the Rehearsal Factory on Front Street. I love playing there not to mention the people you meet, connections!!
#262656 by thegiftofdave
Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:33 pm
David here. I'm in Los Angeles. Been playing in a bunch of bands. Right now I'm playing in a Tool cover band called Fool. Or should we say "Tribute" Band? Does that carry more clout? I just don't think any of us want to dress up like the real band and pretend we're them...I mean, we're just trying to do the songs justice. No what I mean?
#262702 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:23 pm
David

As we used to say when I lived in Los Angeles, "You're working! That's what matters."

Welcome

Talbot
#262705 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:25 am
thegiftofdave wrote: No what I mean?

Know. I don't no what you mean. :mrgreen:
#262897 by jack1140743
Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 pm
Guys, am new here and am so glad to have the opportunity to interact with great guys like ya'all.....you can make free quick and cool money for ur music gigs through this link..... http://tryvindale.com/VlYKg9Jv
Just thought i should share this gr8 opportunity with u guys. try it, make cash and have fun
#262902 by schmedidiah
Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:39 pm
jack1140743 wrote:Guys, am new here and am so glad to have the opportunity to interact with great guys like ya'all.....you can make free quick and cool money for ur music gigs through this link..... blah blah blah.....
Just thought i should share this gr8 opportunity with u guys. try it, make cash and have fun

You fakeass spammer!
I make my side money the old fashioned way,
under the table bribes from La Cosa Nostra. :lol:
Last edited by schmedidiah on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#263144 by gary2550
Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:27 pm
Hi All,
My name is Gary, I play bass guitar, sing, engineer, produce as well as design and build high end studios. I have many, too many LOL, years as a professional and I have played gigs from backyard parties (haha) to outdoor concerts with touring experience. I live in Rockville, MD and I am looking for nearby lead guitarists and drummers to start up a serious power trio. Maybe do some tribute bands but hopefully get into original stuff and do some things bigger than part time local small bars if you know what I mean. I am dedicated now full time to doing this and I hope to find some other people, male or female, that have the same attitude, desire and ability.
#263146 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:06 pm
Try out the search by zip code feature. Many of us have used that to put together situations.

Good luck
Talbot