This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#26 by Michael Lang
Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:04 pm
Good Charlotte is a band that has gone to the bottom. They use to be somewhat decent. I can't even categorize them now.

RE:

#27 by j88ATL
Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:14 pm
I agree, they have kind of sold out. but I think they've always wanted to sell out, they just make music that will get played on the radio and tennieboppers will buy. i can't really blame them, but i dont' respect them as musicians at all. we all gotta get paid right, but some people will put their music ahead of that and that's the way real musicians should be.

#28 by Strats42
Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:13 am
Hey where do you go to sell out ? Ill stand in that line!

Strats

RE:

#29 by digs82
Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:01 pm
Yeah, sign me up for that PLEASE!

#30 by squirrelmaster
Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:55 pm
I on the other hand think everyone dreams of being that star in front of millions and that air time is what keeps music going in general. Just because one hasn't "Made It" yet I wouldn't critisize anyone for selling their music to the masses. In most cases if you make your music and Milions of people buy it it isn't called selling out it is called gettin' paid. If you don't want anyone to hear your music , like it , and buy it like crazy than don't sell out. Better yet don't play music at all it's just not worth it :wink: By the way I don't like GC anyway :twisted:

#31 by thebassr
Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:51 pm
I wouldnt say Good Charlotte are sellouts. IMO you sell out when you start playing music you dont particularly like to earn a few bucks. I dont like Good Charlotte very much, but if they like the music they play, then I wouldnt call that selling out.
#32 by NNitehawkK
Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:00 pm
oh yea a band that makes money?
they grew up and there writing skill got more professional or main stream.
they got familys and newd to pay bills and when faced with the choice of painting houses and delivering pizza they chose keep there record contract and get payed to play.
http://www.akumsrazor.com

#9680 by AJ6stringsting
Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:06 am
I always thought GOOD CHAROLLET was sh*t !!!!! :lol: :roll:

#9910 by N1GHTM4R3GR33N
Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:53 pm
i never really liked them either but this is only one band on my sh*t list.

#9911 by Carl Tyree
Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:29 am
8) The fact that they are signed to a label is only the beginning of musicians hell!
Then you have to put up with everyones a critic bullsh-- let alone the labels harrassment to produce yet another soon forgotten piece of musical waste....These guys are what on the scale of music history? Some of you need to get a life and maybe open to a whole world of material and bands
#9965 by fisherman bob
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:22 am
Why get agitated over one band that has "sold out?" Check out one guy you probably never heard of, Jerry Dowell at Jerrydowellband.com. He's a local guy here in the Kansas City area who pretty much is one of the best songwriters I've ever heard. I had the pleasure of playing with him a few years ago. Absolutely amazing talent in my opinion. We're going to be putting out a CD here in a little while. I believe it's gonna pretty much kick ass as well. Later...fisherman bob

#10141 by Sorna Project
Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:33 pm
Well it's no different than say the GOOGOO DOLLS, they suck too. They should have never been signed. There is a lot more like them too.

#10167 by N1GHTM4R3GR33N
Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:51 pm
but what are we going to do i say we pool money together and have them all whacked......lol

#10508 by [email protected]
Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:22 pm
I NEED EVERYONES HELP; I AM A ASPIRING COUNTRY SINGER IN MARYLAND AND I NEED EVERYONE WHO READS THIS TO GO TO WWW.WPOC.COM (A LOCAL RADIO STATION)

THEN CLICK ON "VOTE NATIONAL ANTHEM" THEN CLICK ON MY NAME
KELLEY LARSON

THEN CONTEST ENDS FRIDAY @ 5PM. YESTERDAY I WAS IN FIRST PLACE WITH 32% NOW I AM IN 4TH. I REALLY WANT THIS BAD. SO PLEASE EVERYONE WHO IS A PERFORMER KNOWS THE RUSH YOU GET ON STAGE ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF 25,000 PEOPLE. AND SOMEONE IMPORTANT MIGHT SEE YOU. PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP

MORE OF ME AND MY MUSIC AT MYSPACE.COM/KELLEYELG

#10638 by Annarkee
Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:42 pm
For the concept of “main stream” to make any sense the majority of musicians have to be included. If the majority of people liked good music then main stream would have good music; unfortunately, the majority of the people seem to like sh*t.