This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#247074 by Dan_Gracia
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:57 pm
Hi All,

I'm Dan. I'm an old fart (just turned 65). I've been singing since forever and playing bass since 1964. I had basic piano as a young child and was a voice major in college. Sang in the Choir and the Madrigal group in high school and the Choir and the Vocal Jazz Ensemble in College. Played bass in both high school and college groups. I then played bass and sang with a touring nightclub group for 3-years playing 5-nights a week for 50-weeks a year in the early 70's. Really enjoyed that! That's how I met my wife back in 1972. Did a little recording in Hollywood for a demo with that group and later did a demo recording for Atco records of a couple of original songs with a group called the L.A. Smogg. Unfortunately, the composer of the tunes sang the songs instead of myself or our drummer and nothing ever came of it. Had an audition to replace Joe Osborne as he was leaving Loggins & Messina back in the mid-70's but then he decided to stay with them after all. As Maxwelll Smart says, "Missed it by that much!"

Moved to Oregon in 1976 and promptly had all my pro musical gear stolen. Burglars left one mic stand. Bought a 12 string from next door neighbor and played guitar for following years. In 1985 I found a bass that felt like my '65 Fender Jazz that had been stolen, and bought that. In 1997 picked up bass again and played at the Siskiyou Blues Society jams in Northern CA as well as some local gigs. Moved to Vermont in 1998 and didn't play much there. Moved to Virginia in 2005 and played with various groups there for the last 10-years. Slowly bought back up to top quality bass gear (Eden amp and DNA cabinet).

Bought a Yamaha DX7s to play keyboards and sing a couple of the Doors songs (Light My Fire and Break on Through) for one of the groups in Virginia and for my own enjoyment. I've acquired a couple of acoustic guitars and a no-name strat over the years too. I can double on guitar or keys as long as you don't need any kind of lead.

Just moved to Duvall, WA about 30-minutes east of Seattle. I'm looking to get in playing bass and singing with a group and to start gigging again. I play and sing all kinds of music but don't care much for C&W or Death Metal. Happy to include either in a mixed repertoire but not interested in playing strictly in a Country or Death Metal band. Have some experience with recording sessions and would be happy to do some of that or sing background vocals for studios in the area if the opportunity presents itself.
#247076 by schmedidiah
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:00 am
Wow, you move around a lot! :shock:
Two things that are certain in life, death and taxes, err death metal and Country & Western! :lol:
#247628 by schmedidiah
Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:48 am
Who?
#248088 by kevin1091376
Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:53 pm
Hi This is kevin1091376. New to the site. Tonight working on some cover in my home studio. Aiming at making video of myself. J
#248363 by IreneW
Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:56 pm
Irene here. Self taught guitarist, half decent bassist and moderately successful singer-songwriter.

Getting more and more into recording, which is why I have come to enjoy these forums.
#248419 by Amadeus Blues
Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:35 am
Hi folks.......
Mark from the East Coast...love this forum!!!! I'm 54 years young, divorced 3 years , kids are grown so now I can concentrate on what I want to do....Sing and write music. I've started being trained as a vocalist not too long ago and play the Guitar somewhere between a novice and intermediate level.

I am inspired by artists such as John Myer, Ray Charles, Jason Mraz, Dan Fogleberg, Tracy Chapman,Bruce Springsteen, Sting and of course The Beatles.......

I live by the Jersey Shore but work in Philadelphia. I love the intimate Philly Pub and Musician atmosphere and my goal is to sing there.

I'm looking for advice on how to move forward, find musicians to play with and co-write songs. I'm willing to pay my dews, work hard but most of all love what I do.. would love your feedback...........

Mark
Bricktown NJ
#248482 by RGMixProject
Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:31 am
Whoo hoo I'm now in the top three for indie. 8)

TopThreeIndie.jpg
TopThreeIndie.jpg (152.97 KiB) Viewed 7226 times
#248556 by schmedidiah
Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:24 pm
Congratulations!

*I have no clue what that is. :D

I have 2 New videos, with a real live drummer! :shock: :lol:

***WARNING!! ACHTUNG!! Turn your speakers down (the cymbals are brutal on the phone mic)***
:roll:

http://youtu.be/y9kruEphvDU

http://youtu.be/Xi4hhoCz0jY
#249328 by schmedidiah
Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:33 pm
Hi. There isn't much traffic on this forum, so you have to make your bandmix profile work for you. Get samples of your audio (and video, if you have it) uploaded on there. Do extensive searches by instrument you're looking for and try adjusting the radius of the distance you're willing to go from your zip code (or whatever you have there). You need to send out a lot of messages to musicians interested in working with now, because it's going to take at least a month to get any responses. It's important to note the last time a member actually got on their profile (last active).
As for your post on this forum, it's a message in a bottle. Your location under your avatar says Melbourne. Where is that? Australia? I wouldn't see it at all on my phone. Just trying to help.