This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#518 by blair_rock
Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:40 pm
I just bought a used peavy special 212 transtube amp. got it real cheap and want opinios on how good it is.
also looking for advice on effects pedals. am doing christian rock and want to get at least 4 different sounds at the push of a button. dont have a lot of money to spend want the best bang for the buck. opinions on buying used.

#519 by Cephas
Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:23 pm
The best way to get equipment is ebay, get a 'GT-6 'best buy for the dollar you can get one real cheap.Because of the new GT-8.

#1125 by SirSykoSexy
Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:33 pm
I agree.....GT-6's are good. Also may want to check out the Boss ME-50. Also not a bad multi pedal.

#2470 by OnQStudios
Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:13 am
YOU CAN PICK UP THIS PROCESSOR CALLED A ROLAND GP 16 FOR ABOUT $150 ANYWHERE ON LINE....I USE ON AND HAVE BUILT ALOT OF GOOD, NON-DIGITAL SOUNDING PROGRAMS...IF YOU NEED SOME POINTERS AFTER A PURCHASE, CALL ME AND I'LL HELP YOU OUT....I CAN ALSO TRANSFER MY PROGRAMS VIA MIDI IF YOU BRING IT OR SHIP IT TO ME...JOEY Q; 850-865-7080
#5295 by ibanez470
Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:18 am
you say you want four different sounds at the push of a button? the line 6 flextone III is what you want althought its expensive youll be very happy you saved up the cash check it out

#6005 by tympanic
Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:06 am
this is all you need to know: Tube amplifiers are what you hear on recordings along with high quality effects (usually by themselves). You will become a better guitarist with a tube amp. trust me I worked at Guitar Center for 2 yrs sellin the things. I also have played 21 yrs and have gone through buying all the crap to get to the good stuff. I also started out on a Peavey (Stereo Chorus 212) Then I bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it changed me dramatically. I now play through a Gibson tube amp.

#6110 by Casey of Black Santa
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:34 pm
you said you play christian music. i hear a lot of praise and worship bands copying U2's sound (i don't know why). if that's what you like then buy a very light overdrive pedal, chorus pedal, delay, and maybe a phaser if you want to get a little weird (as weird as praise and worship gets).

those are really the only effects you'll need for that type of music. but then again, you can use whatever so go to a guitar shop and try out every pedal and amp they have til you find what you're looking for.