This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#243692 by Jackhammerconco
Sun May 24, 2015 6:18 pm
Good Lord. Even "CAPS" after a period are denied at times! Amazing! Until they clean this up, we are going to have to be flexible, and forgiving for weird things happening to our sentence structure, and spelling. just re-post, and re-post, until your message is correct.
#243693 by schmedidiah
Sun May 24, 2015 6:59 pm
Very nice. Why don't you edit your post? Three posts in a row is crazy town! :shock:

Just kidding! :lol:

Happens to all of us. The smart ones know it, the OCD ones (like myself) edit the crap out of their posts.

I also whine about this site and its, er, software quirks. :roll:

Welcome. Come talk music with us any time. Or join the madness and sadness in the 20,000 political topics going on. :?
#243803 by james301090
Thu May 28, 2015 3:53 pm
Hi I'm James, a YorkshireMusician and by day, a Yorkshire Joiner! I got into music thanks to my older brother and, whilst growing up, was spoon-fed all the greats like The Beatles, Oasis, Smiths, Pink Floyd, The Jam and Bowie. I gig whenever I can in Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield mainly. Recently got to see McCartney on his tour which was awesome. Locally, my favourite bands are the Pinstripe Assasins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z97sJ4NDFE, https://soundcloud.com/bisleymusic and
http://rockmyreception.co.uk/
Ive been working on a few demos recently and have got some studio time booked in at Loom Studio in Birstall.

Looking forward to Bingley fest this summer too!
#244978 by colin1077336
Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:27 pm
Hello everyone!

My name is Colin Thomson, and I am the host of the podcast, The Modern Musician Show. On the show, I interview musicians everywhere about how they are able to lead fulfilling and financially successful careers in today's music industry.

iTunes: modernmusician.co/itunes
Stitcher: modernmusician.co/stitcher

I also run a website that get's pianists consistent sight-reading material, with innovative video exercises, every single day. That website can be found at [url]sightreadingacademy.com[/url]

I teach piano, and I play on a regular basis. So good to meet everyone here! Looking forward to contributing and reading interesting stuff!

Please checkout the podcast if you think that's something you would be interested in!

-Colin
#244985 by schmedidiah
Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:30 am
Welcome. Please post anything you can think of about music. It's kind of taken a backseat to ax grinding. :roll:
#245733 by Kevinb2006
Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:46 pm
Hey guys and gals, my name is Kevin and I am a 27 year old vocalist looking for a band. I received vocal lessons from Per Bristow and have been a choir singer for over 10 years. (Middle/High School and Church) I am also an avid karaoke lover going regularly once a week. My range extends from the low bass range up into the tenor range thanks to my strong falsetto. I have been on this site for a week or so but from looking at the posts on the forum and on the website it almost seems like nobody hardly uses it. I promise I am not trying to offend anyone but that's the feeling I get.

Other than that i love bowling, work as a machine operator at a factory that prints junk mail, and about to graduate college with a degree in Digital Media Design. This degree gives me video/film, photography, as well as graphic and web design. I can bring these skills to a band I join. I can do album covers, build a website, flyers/advertisements, and even do some music videos if necessary.

Hope to meet some great musicians and join an awesome band.

-Kevin
#245735 by schmedidiah
Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:13 pm
Hi Kevin. Welcome. You're right. Compared to the thousands of members on Bandmix, hardly anyone uses this forum. But you can change that. Start up some topics. Invite some friends. You can make this place better.
#245736 by Kevinb2006
Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:38 pm
Thanks for the welcome! I will see what I can do about livening up the forum a bit because the forums provide an excellent tool in helping to find like-minded musicians that the match system of the website might miss.
#246993 by Revloud
Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:43 am
Hai,
My name is Ananta
and Im the founder of www.revloud.com
Its a tool for musician to earn money every time your fan download your song.
#247004 by billyshears13
Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:07 pm
Hi everyone. Just joined and this is my first forage into forums. Really good reading about other musicians, and about their lives, dreams and successes or failures. And we have all had those eh? ha ha . Anyway this is just a quick status to say Hi, and hope to get better aquainted a little later. So Bye for now. :D :D :D
#247006 by schmedidiah
Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:43 pm
Hi. Welcome. Let's talk about some music! :D