This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#237619 by schmedidiah
Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:05 pm
fletch1027449 wrote:How about the gizmo that would fit down on the bass in front of the bridge? It had a battery that made these little nylon gears spin around. There was a button on the device above each toothed gear. You would push the button and the spinning gear would make contact with the string and it would sound similar to bowing the strings but it had a kind of stacato grind to it. Way cool. They need to bring that back in a modern version.

That sounds crazy! Do you remember a name or a song that it was featured on?
#237711 by schmedidiah
Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:09 am
I want it! I've been really happy with my ElectroHarmonix Bass Deluxe Big Muff Pi pedal. I go through that out to a 10" Peavey for the distorted signal and out the direct out to a Boss flanger pedal. That splits the signal between my two 15" combo amps (1 Peavey, 1 Carvin). I use the gate setting on the flanger to modulate between the two at certain intervals. Add in a volume pedal and wah, and I have a rig that sounds like bass and guitar (great, since I'm usually playing with just a drummer).
#237870 by DonTregartha
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:29 pm
A great classic alternative to a Pbass is a Rickenbacker - yeah they're expensive, but worth every dollar.

It has a great, deep tone that records beautifully, and you can wind it right up and smash the windows!

Like the Strat, it sounds even better when its driven full out.

Ok, if your style is stand at the back, drum,drumming the bass note of the chord, its not for you, but if you want to make an impression, you can't beat it.
#237980 by MikeTalbot
Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 am
I left a red Rick beind me in Rodesia. I got it for 135R in an auto parts store. Those were different times, and and it seemed so natural to have a Rick .

God bless you all who had a glimpse of it. Of that. Of that world.

Talbot