This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#234894 by Planetguy
Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:00 pm
well, she's mine!

and instead of driving to CT to pick it up..i "only" had to drive 9 hrs (ea way) to pick it up in Grand Rapids MI!

so, it went from the lady in CT to a drum shop in MI where it was bought by a local symphony guy who sold it to me.

CT gal's orig asking price was 2K (which i was prepared to spend in addition to my travel expenses)....i ended up snagging it $1800.

the pics don't do it justice and wow....this thing sounds AMAZING.

when i figure out how to play it, i'll record and post some music with it....BE AFRAID!!!

#234896 by VinnyViolin
Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:37 pm
Planetguy wrote:well, she's mine!

and instead of driving to CT to pick it up..i "only" had to drive 9 hrs (ea way) to pick it up in Grand Rapids MI!

so, it went from the lady in CT to a drum shop in MI where it was bought by a local symphony guy who sold it to me.

CT gal's orig asking price was 2K (which i was prepared to spend in addition to my travel expenses)....i ended up snagging it $1800.

the pics don't do it justice and wow....this thing sounds AMAZING.

when i figure out how to play it, i'll record and post some music with it....BE AFRAID!!!

WOW!!! I wished I'd had a little of that luck with Scotty's veena last year!!

That is a beautiful marimba!
Now don't leave it sitting on the driveway like that without a cover for more than a couple of weeks ... the weather might hurt it! :lol:

#234905 by gtZip
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Wow!
It worked??

That's awesome. :-)

#234906 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:16 pm
Hope its worth it in the end!

Happy NID (New Instrument Day)!

#234907 by Cajundaddy
Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Score! :D

Off topic, wow it's really getting difficult to post in here. Log in, drop out!

#234934 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:59 pm
awesome..

"And I saw that VEENA, now they want 450$". lol