This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#234797 by MenicoDo
Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:30 pm
Hi, is it there any rule that forbids to look for musician and show your work trough the forum?
Why my post keeps being deleted ? Is this a community or I am forced to pay just to communicate with other members ? Hope not
#234798 by VinnyViolin
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:57 pm
MenicoDo wrote:Hi, is it there any rule that forbids to look for musician and show your work trough the forum?
Why my post keeps being deleted ? Is this a community or I am forced to pay just to communicate with other members ? Hope not

Of course there is no such rule! Posting here is absolutely free!

On the other hand there is no rule that would prevent a moderator from deleting your post either. In that case you will probably need to contact a moderator and make a payment to their paypal account.

The fees for posting may vary according to each moderator .. so the easiest way is to send a small amount to each moderator's account and then see if one of them requires a larger amount.

If you don't want to pay a fee .. sometimes they will allow your post to stay if you can sufficiently bribe a moderator with flattery such as saying "Gee that song you wrote sounds as good as the Beatles!" :lol:
#234800 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:22 pm
VinnyViolin wrote:
MenicoDo wrote:Hi, is it there any rule that forbids to look for musician and show your work trough the forum?

Of course there is no such rule! Posting here is absolutely free!

On the other hand there is no rule that would prevent a moderator from deleting your post either. In that case you will probably need to contact a moderator and make a payment to their paypal account.

The fees for posting may vary according to each moderator .. so the easiest way is to send a small amount to each moderator's account and then see if one of them requires a larger amount.

If you don't want to pay a fee .. sometimes they will allow your post to stay if you can sufficiently bribe a moderator with flattery such as saying "Gee that song you wrote sounds as good as the Beatles!" :lol:

Vinnie is yanking your chain. The ADMIN may delete or edit a post that contains an email address or phone number for direct contact information.
Moderators only delete deliberate SPAM or TROLL posts.
I see 3 other posts from you, 2 in the thread about metal bands in Canada and one where you are looking for others.

#234802 by MenicoDo
Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:59 pm
I' m not dignifying this Vinnie with an answer.

Regarding my posts, and precisely the one looking for others, do you find anything trolling, offensive or somehow breaking the rules of this community ? Cause it's the third time I repost it because it gets regularly deleted.
Do you know why ?

#234805 by VinnyViolin
Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:31 pm
MenicoDo wrote:I' m not dignifying this Vinnie with an answer.

Sorry, what was the question again? :lol:

#234807 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 am
That's horrible Menico. I couldn't imagine being censored. It must be a computer glitch or someone.
However it seems it is OK to post your personal contact information in the quote side of your forum profile. Try that. Good luck and give us a link to listen to some music.

#234809 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:24 am
Some of us sign up when we are actively looking. That's how Bandmix keeps the lights on.

Ten bucks a month? Won't kill you. (I hope)

I'm still playing with guys I met on Bandmix that way.

Good luck.

Talbot

#234854 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:39 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Some of us sign up when we are actively looking. That's how Bandmix keeps the lights on.

Ten bucks a month? Won't kill you. (I hope)

I'm still playing with guys I met on Bandmix that way.

Good luck.

Talbot

THAT WASN'T THE POINT. THAT IS NOT HOW BANDMIX KEEPS THE LIGHTS ON!

#234856 by Paleopete
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:32 am
This is ridiculous. Everyone here needs to use the link above to report glen to the admin, I'm sick of seeing him insult and harass everyone in sight constantly for what, a couple of months now? Yeah I know I'll get insulted, I couldn't care less, I simply laugh at his childish nonsense. I see it as cheap entertainment, nothing more.

But this has to stop. all the few of us left need to start hammering admin with requests to get rid of the constant insults, harassment and blatant disregard for the forum rules he WILLINGLY AGREED TO when he signed up. This includes:

The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. BandMix.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes Content that:

Is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
Harasses or advocates harassment of another person

Note that last line. This has been ignored again and again. Offensive, insulting and harassing behavior is what we see daily. Totally against the agreement he agreed to, which by the way is also totally dishonest.

I didn't vote, I have no use for polls, but I think you know what my vote would be. I reported this nonsense already. Probably will do it again until admin listens. all of us need to do the same, this has gone far enough.

I have talked to George, who I know is not a liar, he confirmed that he and mike are only interested in deleting spam and troll posts, and I have no reason to think Mike is lying when he claims he hasn't deleted any of Glens posts.

I don't care what the thinks of me, his opinion and $1.79 might get him a cup of coffee. I'm just sick of the non stop insults, everyone should start hammering admin with reports requesting a ban. Get the infantile little twerp outta here.

#234863 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:29 am
Now who is being insulting here paleo? If you go back I am not using words like "TWERP" or "INFANTILE". Many others are, and even worse.

As far as Mike, he is the only one with the power and ability and the desire to delete posts. Bandmix administration didn't do it. If you want to distort what is actually the truth... That's your deal. Sorry if you wish to become so involved and start to use name calling as the primary defense. That seems to have become the common practice.

As far as George, I only know him as a good guy. As far as you go, I only see you slinging the very insults you are complaining about. Maybe you should go back and see who is really doing all the insulting and posting harassing words.

I'm not going to insult you. You just did it to yourself.

#234865 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm
MenicoDo wrote:I' m not dignifying this Vinnie with an answer.

Regarding my posts, and precisely the one looking for others, do you find anything trolling, offensive or somehow breaking the rules of this community ? Cause it's the third time I repost it because it gets regularly deleted.
Do you know why ?

Yeah, it seems to be gone again, sorry but I can't look at it now because of that. Did you include an email address or phone number in it? Those are the ones I have seen Admin delete in the past.
As Mike T replied, BM Admin prefers people pay for the ability to contact others through their messaging system. I think you get more results by having an updated profile with lots of info, music sampels, etc, as more people browse the profiles than come to these forums.

#234903 by RhythmMan-2
Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 pm
MenicoDo, I've encountered a similar problem here, over the last 5-6 years or whatever . . .
I'd spend some time typing a long topic, go to post it, and it'd disappear, right after I entered it.
I don't think that's your problem, but if you or others have encountered this, I suggest you do what I now do.
After I've typed a half a minute or a minute or so, I spend 2 seconds to highlight what I just typed, and then I press "Ctrl/C."
This copies what you typed to your computer's clipboard.
Then in you lose what you're typing, a good portion of it will be saved.
Just push "Ctrl/V" to bring it back.
- Alan

#234911 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:29 am
On my machine (pretty powerful as I use it for work sometimes) i use FireFox and don't have the problems I'm hearing about - don't know if there is a correlation.

I do have a lot of my posts denied as 'invalid session.' I can retry and they usually go through.

I trace the general bugginess to the upgrade that added a spell checker. Note: one of the hats I wear is software engineer. I can't help myself.

Talbot

#234928 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:I do have a lot of my posts denied as 'invalid session.' I can retry and they usually go through.

yeah, that is happening way too much these days, the copy-and-paste (Ctrl-C) trick can be used - just ge tout of the thread, go back in it, reply again.