This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#234254 by Planetguy
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:40 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:STFU Glen better to be whatever I am than you..

You just rave like you're insane, which may be true at this point.
You talk sh*t about everything and you don't play any music.

I have no time for those who are more mouth than music.

scott...meet glenny.....

glenny...say hello to scott.

#234257 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 pm
The best way to improve Bandmix is to use it as the owners/admin originally planned it - for a place for musicans to discuss/post music-related things.
Ignore and report the trolls and eventually they will stop coming back, all they strive for is attention.

#234290 by Firebird78
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:57 pm
GLENNY J wrote:Firebird, you have been writing lyrics for 8 years? The first song you have on your list really shows your intentions.

You attempt to use Christian ideology to spread the same thoughts as muslims, pretending peace.

"HE WILL SCORN LIBERTY" Are you serious? (from the king) Those lyrics put you at the top of my most liberal list.

Do me a favor... before you come on here complaining about FREEDOM, think about that long and hard... And tune your guitar.

I will take full credit for my bad songs and out of tune guitar, but thank you for the in-depth review! Just to let you in on a secret, your interpretation of the lyric is completely incorrect, albeit interesting. If you aren’t sure, you probably shouldn’t assume, but thanks for taking the time! Just ignore the words and enjoy the awesome guitar!

Now that we’re clear on that, I would also be happy to clear up any confusion you may have regarding my previous post about the forum situation on this site.

#234291 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 pm
Hey Firebird, don't worry about G's opinions. 'eye of the beholder' and all that. He hasn't put any new music on his profile since he started here, no guarantee the stuff he has on his profile is even his. Not sure what he was listening to where he heard your guitar out of tune, but he'll just comment about me not knowing anything about tuning ... AS long as no one quotes him, though, I won't see his comment!

I'm going to do 'The Chains' this Wednesday for one of my open mic opening songs. Got good comments from the songwriter group when I tried it out on them, with no real changes needed.

#234293 by Paleopete
Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 pm
Scott - Good to see ya back ya old fuddy duddy. lol

Don't know what's going on but I'm not having to log on multiple times to post.

#234305 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:17 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Hey Firebird, don't worry about G's opinions. 'eye of the beholder' and all that. He hasn't put any new music on his profile since he started here, no guarantee the stuff he has on his profile is even his. Not sure what he was listening to where he heard your guitar out of tune, but he'll just comment about me not knowing anything about tuning ... AS long as no one quotes him, though, I won't see his comment!

I'm going to do 'The Chains' this Wednesday for one of my open mic opening songs. Got good comments from the songwriter group when I tried it out on them, with no real changes needed.

You just proved your self. I never mentioned one word about firebirds tuning. Obviously I get you really angered. You can't even keep your threads straight and you just go out spewing hatred. You are sick. You are definitely not fit to moderate this site. RESIGN!!!!!

Willie you gotta keep up... And please leave the good guys alone. That's easy, there aren't many.

All helll is breaking loose... This posting thing has nothing to do with bandmix... Ask Vinny... He knows, I just found out and it ain't pretty. He may not post again. I may not post again, and it has nothing to do with any one here.

#234342 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:35 pm
Paleopete wrote:Scott - Good to see ya back ya old fuddy duddy. lol

Don't know what's going on but I'm not having to log on multiple times to post.

The forum is still having issues, but if you click on the 'log me on automatically each time I visit', then you don't have to keep loggin in each time it hiccups. Still can take multiple times to get our reply accepted, though. :roll:
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#234350 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:44 pm
GLENNY J wrote:Do me a favor... before you come on here complaining about FREEDOM, think about that long and hard... And tune your guitar.

GLENNY J wrote:You just proved your self. I never mentioned one word about firebirds tuning. Obviously I get you really angered. You can't even keep your threads straight and you just go out spewing hatred. You are sick. You are definitely not fit to moderate this site. RESIGN!!!!!

#234364 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 pm
Planetguy wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:Do me a favor... before you come on here complaining about FREEDOM, think about that long and hard... And tune your guitar.

GLENNY J wrote:You just proved your self. I never mentioned one word about firebirds tuning. Obviously I get you really angered. You can't even keep your threads straight and you just go out spewing hatred. You are sick. You are definitely not fit to moderate this site. RESIGN!!!!!

Not even your posts... You are just going out of your way to get ugly.

Tune your guitar!

#234416 by Planetguy
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 pm
GLENNY J wrote:Not even your posts... You are just going out of your way to get ugly.

Tune your guitar!

"going out of my way"????

hardly, i was born ugly and have learned to live w it. no big whoop.

you, on the other ARE going out of your way trying to hijack and make every thread about you and your holy quest. embarrassing. ...and YOU want to point a finger at ME for getting ugly??? still no mirrors in your house, i see.

give it up....the only success you've attained in attacking everyone on the board is to further alienate yourself and make yourself a pariah.

at this point most on here would rather share a canteen w a leper than have anything to do with you.

well, done. pat yourself on the back and be proud of that accomplishment.

i hope the attention is worth it. guess it is, huh?

#234428 by Firebird78
Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:17 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I'm going to do 'The Chains' this Wednesday for one of my open mic opening songs. Got good comments from the songwriter group when I tried it out on them, with no real changes needed.

I read this and it slipped right past me. Awesome, and good luck!!!

#234430 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:36 pm
Firebird78 wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:I'm going to do 'The Chains' this Wednesday for one of my open mic opening songs. Got good comments from the songwriter group when I tried it out on them, with no real changes needed.

I read this and it slipped right past me. Awesome, and good luck!!!

I really have not developed it much from the demo I did last year, too many songs going at once so that they're all kind of in the 'half-way developed' stage. I'll video tonight, though.

#234436 by Planetguy
Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:57 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I really have not developed it much from the demo I did last year, too many songs going at once so that they're all kind of in the 'half-way developed' stage. I'll video tonight, though.

"half-way developed stage."

you might as well be talking about 98% of every song i've written! 8)

#234450 by gtZip
Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:33 pm
The few that I've gotten 100% developed - I had to use the Boiling Pot technique.
Think about it and obsess about it for hours before bed time. Then one morning or one middle-of-the-night, "Aha! I know what to do."

Tell your subconscious that it's important enough, it will be revealed to you.
Either that, or you will start kicking small animals...

Note: You can't actually, physically work on the piece while you're builing up heat. You can only work in your mind.

#234452 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:38 pm
For me, the usual method is:
1) Get a scratch guitar track recorded to a simple repeating drum beat.
2) Figure out if the tempo needs to change at all - for the whole osng, or just parts of it. Alter the drum pattern according, re-record the scratch track if needed.
3) Start laying down more tracks - working rhythm parts - guitar, keys, bass.
4) Re-do the drum track, if there is going to be one - sometimes I've ended up deciding it owudl be better wiht no drums, or just some percussion.
5) Record vocal tracks
6) Record lead guitar (sometimes synth) tracks
7) Think of any othe rtracks that may need adding (strings, organ ...)
8 ) Mix mix mix
9) Listen listen listen
10) mix mix mix
8)