This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#224842 by ValentinBk
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm
I was thinking about this for a while, is there a VST to make the guitar sound like a synth\violin?

So far my searches on google returned absolutely terrible VST`s that I have no idea who ever thought it would be a good ideas to release them.

Can anyone recommend something?

#224849 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 pm
A VST is just a plug-in effect like reverb, delay, etc, so the answer is now.
If you mean VSTi - a virtual instrument, controlled by MIDI, then it is a matter of using a MIDI pickup on your guitar (or buying a MIDI-equipped guitar, of course).

#231823 by Tuomas Easton
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 pm
You can try AmpliTube for a good variety of guitar tones, though I've never been able to get the amount of gain/drive from these. I have been using 'metal amp room' for years now and it has killer tones for leads and harder rock.

I've also heard 'Fretkeys' is an interesting one.

You might try getting a MIDI pickup for your guitar instead of going the VST route.

in this video, that's what the second guitar player is doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7eLluMJxAM

#233170 by trackingsllc
Sat May 03, 2014 12:34 pm
A virtual instrumental for guitar tracks can be decent if you're building rhythm sections or backing. Realistic solos can be a bit more difficult to program...

Check out MusicLabs Real Strat and Real LPC. Combined with an amp/stomp simulation such as Guitar Rig, Amplitube, Etc.

I have used both of these for quite a few tracks as background and complimentary sections. Definitely very helpful when a real guitarist isn't available due to time or budget.

#233188 by mistermikev
Sun May 04, 2014 9:18 pm
I believe fretkeys is what u r looking for.

put it in as fx in your track. you play guitar, comes out like a synth.

tracks a single note ok, does not do well with bends.

there may be other audio-to-midi converters... google.